Gemini Worldbuilding Info

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Gemini Worldbuilding Info

Postby Oraanu » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:50 am

Bluelantern wrote:Anti-ash magic.

Even if many peoples' powers were literally 'Anti-ash', that wouldn't reduce the need for evacuation of everyone currently choking to death in their cars as opposed to sheltering in major metropolises. Or, for that matter, a teleporter to transport those and other useful Gemini to places they're needed. Unless the 'anti-ash' powers are ridiculously powerful enough to cover large geographical areas, which seems unlikely.
Oraanu

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:23 am

Oraanu wrote:
Bluelantern wrote:Anti-ash magic.

Even if many peoples' powers were literally 'Anti-ash', that wouldn't reduce the need for evacuation of everyone currently choking to death in their cars as opposed to sheltering in major metropolises. Or, for that matter, a teleporter to transport those and other useful Gemini to places they're needed. Unless the 'anti-ash' powers are ridiculously powerful enough to cover large geographical areas, which seems unlikely.

I was joking, since any explanation would require *some* level of magic involved.

The least magical explanation: The junebugs have enough numbers that they can spare a few overworked teenagers without experience (Edit: for that matter, are they even trained?). I think that sympathetic healing is the only reason any of Our Heroes was even allowed so close to the disaster area. I was actually half-expecting for Adana to be admonished for going straight in to the danger.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 am

Flicker left the traffic jam because it was too thoroughly earthquaking for her to operate there (she cannot land on a target that is moving relative to the gravity well she's in). Fire is also a huge danger associated with earthquakes and Conduit isn't effective at firefighting without more setup than she had done, so once things were on fire it made sense for Rush to stop her.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:36 pm

The junebugs jacket and hat look like what?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Alicorn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:09 pm

My mental picture is sort of an awkward intersection of "fatigues", "Girl Scout", "peacoat", and "TSAB uniform from Nanoha". I think they come in multiple colors and are not camo but haven't settled on what they signify or what our girls should have gotten.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:18 am

I keep picturing them as something like this http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ori ... suragi.gif but with a separated red skirt and the hat with a rounder shape and black band where it meets the head. Red sounds like a good color as any for a emergency transporter, albeit my imagined shape isn't practical for Rush speedster power.

Any situation that requires camo could be handled with a non-standard uniform, benefited from it, actually.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Alicorn » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:02 am

There exists a complete uniform, but Our Heroines were only wearing the jackets and hats on top of their normal clothes, and the full uniform does not include a skirt.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Alicorn wrote:There exists a complete uniform, but Our Heroines were only wearing the jackets and hats on top of their normal clothes, and the full uniform does not include a skirt.

My brain can be sort of rebelious when it thinks in a picture, "I" understand that shirts aren't Heroine-ing practical.

Also, Do they get pay for their services?

Also-Also, truly important question: Turn-stuff-yellow boy can reverse his power or it is permanent?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Alicorn » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:14 pm

Junebugs in higher tiers may draw pay, and Our Heroines can probably expect a one-off bonus for their efforts but everybody's strapped for cash at the moment.

We have established no details for the one who turns things yellow.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:41 am

Twins tend to be weaker or stronger than Captain America?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!