Daevinity Worldbuilding Info

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Daevinity Worldbuilding Info

Postby Alicorn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:48 pm

These answers are off the top of my head because Aestrix is having computer trouble and I can't ask her.

No, looks the same either way.

Close enough to stand on. Close enough to be a circle more than anything else. Yes.

No, the circle activates only at the moment the last mark to make it valid is made, not when the last other condition of validity is made.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Aestrix » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:08 pm

I am no longer having computer trouble, and I agree with Alicorn's answers.
Aestrix

Postby Shoal » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:11 pm

is poor daemon cam never going to be summoned to a world with a bell in it? maybe not one we've met before just a generic bell? I suppose a Bell can't accidentally summon daemon cam because then Alicorn would be roleplaying with herself which she might find less exciting, but maybe a bell's partner could, or an Amariah who has a Kas or Adarin could (I mention Amariah because her spells have the diagram component and she could make up a new spell)
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Alicorn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:16 pm

I don't find the prospect of sending demon Cam to worlds that are already supplied with Bells that interesting. You may, if you choose, assume that there is an Asian-Canadian version or an African-British or a undecided-on-ostensible-Earth-ethnicity-PB-Karen-David-Australian Bell about failing to intrude on his notice and that she will eventually find any given demon Cam and be presented with all his knowledge.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Shoal » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:30 pm

I defer to your judgement about whether it would be interesting. I just feel sorry for him being all alone. (hm, maybe pattern's world where she isn't resurrected, but awkwardly intruding on grieving parents might not be interesting either)
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Nemo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 pm

How does the gag order interact with pre-written messages?
Suppose Cam starts wearing a (wing-compatible) T-shirt saying "HEY SUMMONER, I WILL MAKE YOU PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING IF YOU LET ME TALK TO AN ANGEL NAMED ADANA SANDERS FOR AN HOUR. Please find someone who met her when she was a summoner and get them to summon her as a daeva."
If Cam answers a summons while wearing that, does the binding blur out the words?

For that matter, since summoners would let Adana talk, why doesn't she try to arrange a meeting with whoever killed her? That summoner doesn't mind letting demons talk in at least some circumstances, and "request from an angel" is probably pretty exceptional.

(Yes, this blows one of the secrets of the universe wide open, but that seems like a good idea anyway.)
Nemo

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 pm

^while I like that idea, maybe a "easy" fix is that the summon wont call a demon that bypass the gag order trough that?

Edit: the ocean was a limbo gift right? Does it have flora, fauna and weather? If another limboite gets a boat, would limbo be kind enough to put the boat in the ocean?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:35 pm

(Aestrix, check my answers?)

A gagged summon will not catch a daeva whose appearance communicates the kind of information the gag order is designed to obstruct. About the closest he could get would be, like, suggestive media references.

You will find out why Adana hasn't been getting anywhere when she's onscreen again.

Limbo would probably put a boat that was somebody's thing in the ocean. The ocean does not contain flora or fauna or weather, although I suppose it might have shells at the beach for completeness.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Aestrix » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Alicorn's correct, gag orders are extremely thorough. They were worried about a demon wearing a t-shirt of the damned.
Aestrix

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Alicorn wrote:(Aestrix, check my answers?)

A gagged summon will not catch a daeva whose appearance communicates the kind of information the gag order is designed to obstruct. About the closest he could get would be, like, suggestive media references.

I am now wondering how many demons use movie t-shirts just to passively sass people, it is amusing :3

Alicorn wrote:You will find out why Adana hasn't been getting anywhere when she's onscreen again.

Well that doesnt make concerned.

At all.

Absolutely at all.

Alicorn wrote:Limbo would probably put a boat that was somebody's thing in the ocean. The ocean does not contain flora or fauna or weather, although I suppose it might have shells at the beach for completeness.

Limbo is such a cheat, how will Charlie fish again?

If a gift involes snow, would there be localized weather over it, or the snow just sort of appears?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!