Speculation on the future

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Speculation on the future

Postby Bluelantern » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Nemo Consequentiae wrote:
Bluelantern wrote:
Nemo Consequentiae wrote:
That does seem relevantly important. Does it mean that the other peal would go public if they stumbled across the Cape world?

Cape is based on Worm, right? And there are political problems with that setting?

I bet gemini there is serious plans for what would happen if transdimensional visitors showed up

In Worm's backstory, superpowers spontaneously started showing up a generation or so ago. The political instability isn't really a focus, but it has happened. Come to think of it, another backstory thing is a mad scientist type building a portal to a parallel Earth. The current population could pretty much take transdimensional visitors in stride.

I am confused... where the mad scientist fits in all of this?

Nemo Consequentiae wrote:Does the peal plan to hand out planes to deities they like? Rae or Perinixu could have as much territory as they want with no competition, and it'd be strictly better from the worlds' perspective.

I personally (and I suspect Raezenoth might agree with me) think it would be better for mortals to be able to choose from as many different nonterrible deities as possible.

I am not entirely sure how taking over a domain works, but if it is just a matter of "no one is here so I can just move in" then... yeah. Multiple gods might be the best, specially to keep diverse biomes around.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Nemo » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:21 am

The general public already knows that alternate Earths exist and that they sometimes contain duplicates. If the peal showed up and went public, nobody would panic.
Nemo

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:28 am

Nemo Consequentiae wrote:The general public already knows that alternate Earths exist and that they sometimes contain duplicates. If the peal showed up and went public, nobody would panic.

Morticians and people that work in the funeral industry might panic, but I understood the sentiment.

I wonder the level of panic that Inferno would have over Revelation and Revival if/when they revealed themselves. Either way, they really ought to prioritize Limbo. First order of business: give them internet.

Also, not sure if posted already I am betting that Dragon guy will attack while the non-natives are unreachable, Max will die and become an Angel-Perython, eat his own heart and afterwards the Incandescent peal will adopt Daeva-ness like the Effulgence one adopted Minting and Torching.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Okay, reviving old thread because this is where it goes.

In Amounts of Dragon, Kaylo will indeed bring Lazarus a survey of all the available magic to look at. He will not, however, correctly identify all the magic in the survey. This is because the vampire part of the survey will be Leekath.

Lazarus will probably want to do something about Leekath’s magic when he hears she’s practically the only one with it who manages to stay sane.
DanielH

Postby DanielH » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Ok, I was wrong about that. But I now predict that at some point Secret will read Grandma Stone’s Book.
DanielH

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:38 pm

I speculate that "excruciating cacophony" harmonics is going to be a trait of all non-magical worlds and that magical worlds have specific/general harmonics.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby jalapeno_dude » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:41 pm

Bluelantern wrote:I speculate that "excruciating cacophony" harmonics is going to be a trait of all non-magical worlds and that magical worlds have specific/general harmonics.

Corollary to this: with a mental capacity expansion from wishcoins or aura, Arcane will be able to grok the "cacophony" well enough to do magic in these worlds anyway. (At least in the Names mortal world(s); the "music" might not be present at all outside the worldsheaf.)
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:41 pm

Ooh, that's a good theory. Both of them.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby jalapeno_dude » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:52 pm

Hmm, I wonder if a sufficiently powered Arcane could alter world-harmonics, and thereby fix the Problem With Materia?
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 am

If the Peal goes public in Cape, the PRT would panic, because they have no chance in hell of containing this shit if it turns out the Peal isn't so benevolent after all. Which they are, of course, but the P in PRT could stand for paranoid and no one would notice.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!