Speculation on the future

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Speculation on the future

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Speculation: one of Darren and Sphinx Bella will be a hybrid Sphinx/Perython monster who will need to eat the heart of a alt of theyself to remain disguised (good thing that the ressurection spell leaves the extra body)
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Oraanu » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:01 pm

"If you have any critter parent, you are a critter. If you have one critter parent, or they match, you are that critter; if you have two non-matching critter parents you could be either. If they're using medallions then you get born looking human and stay that way till you get your own of the correct critter type."
- http://darkest-evening.dreamwidth.org/520.html?thread=240392#cmt240392

On that same note though, I wonder if Savannah will want to eat the heart of her own alts, if they're cool with it due to the resurrection thing. Possible applications:
  • Healing during battle, if shapeshifting into an alt would shapeshift her into the uninjured body of her alt.
  • If she shifts into a Zeviana, does she get mage powers?
  • I don't know if temporarily changing sex would appeal, but it is now an option
Oraanu

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Paradox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:30 pm

For a world with reliable resurrection everyone still seems to find death very distressing so I kind of doubt her alts will be lining up to die.
Paradox

Pronouns: whatever you want

Postby Aestrix » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Bells find death very distressing. Adarins find it mildly distressing and don't like to repeat the experience. Other characters have other views on the matter.

Not that I'm confirming or denying anything, I'm just making an observation. <3
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Oraanu wrote:
"If you have any critter parent, you are a critter. If you have one critter parent, or they match, you are that critter; if you have two non-matching critter parents you could be either. If they're using medallions then you get born looking human and stay that way till you get your own of the correct critter type."
- http://darkest-evening.dreamwidth.org/520.html?thread=240392#cmt240392

On that same note though, I wonder if Savannah will want to eat the heart of her own alts, if they're cool with it due to the resurrection thing. Possible applications:
  • Healing during battle, if shapeshifting into an alt would shapeshift her into the uninjured body of her alt.
  • If she shifts into a Zeviana, does she get mage powers?
  • I don't know if temporarily changing sex would appeal, but it is now an option

Now I am wondering if they could get other powers (Witchcraft, Raveling, Twin-ness) that way too.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Kappa » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I mean, if there was a peryton Joker in a multiverse where temporarily dead people left extra bodies behind, they would all line up to have their hearts eaten. Hell, they'd find a way to do it even in Effulgence where most of them torch. I feel like the Zevs might have a similar outlook here. XD
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Kappa wrote:I mean, if there was a peryton Joker in a multiverse where temporarily dead people left extra bodies behind, they would all line up to have their hearts eaten. Hell, they'd find a way to do it even in Effulgence where most of them torch. I feel like the Zevs might have a similar outlook here. XD

Yeah, Zevs are so chill, they might joke about serving it with spices and a side salad.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Paradox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Aestrix wrote:Bells find death very distressing. Adarins find it mildly distressing and don't like to repeat the experience. Other characters have other views on the matter.

Not that I'm confirming or denying anything, I'm just making an observation. <3

Huh, everyone's reaction (well Bell and Adarin and his sister's reaction) to Adarin dying and then having to die again to get his magic powers back seemed to me as if they were all really distressed by it. I must have read it wrong/misinterpreted it.
Paradox

Pronouns: whatever you want

Postby Aestrix » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Zevs are not distressed about dying or other people dying, they are distressed by their twin dying. If Isabella had been the one to kick it Zeviana would have been much more calm and collected about it. Notice that despite the extreme distress Zevi was still the one to suck it up and kill Adarin when it was necessary.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 pm

So Aestrix, you mentioned something's weird about any Adarin who has Adan instead of Adar. Does Adanir by any chance have his birth-father and stepfather switched?
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!