Speculation on the future

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Speculation on the future

Postby DanielH » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Goldmage:
I expect that Wiar will be found. I expect that when he's found he'll be alive. I expect he will be seriously injured (mentally, physically, emotionally, magically, or other) when this happens.

Obviously, by conjunction, the first of these is the most likely. I assign the "seriously injured" part slightly less than 50% probability. I would be extremely surprised if he were neither seriously injured nor had somebody else he'd touched.

Does Jehade even count as one of Wiar's 50 people? I'd assume so, it seems Wiar Knows him, but the reaction is so rare it's hard to be sure.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Jehade does count towards memory loss.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 am

I think that Pen will either:
a)Go home "fast", without aging considerably, she won't need to stay another year until Blake's birthday. She will be around for when the plot is solved, unsure how that will go or if the peal will get involved.
b)She will have to for years (Which would imply Blake's death or loss of door afinity) aging considerably, living so long in an angel-less world will affect her personality greatly. Angela is lacking personal pain in her life. Pen will get old enough to change facecast.

Also: by the time the peal arrives, there is a Bell in that world (or was, if she is dead like Pattern), I like the idea of Older Pen finding her first, but I am not speculating if it will happen.

edit: this is starting to go into wishful thinking territory, but I would like if *that* world (name?) turns out to have magic, all of the Gotham worlds are so similar that is both weird and boring (well, not boring-boring, but missed potential)
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Shoal » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:07 pm

I also predict that Pen will either go home sooner or go home later.

(I like the idea of older Pen meeting younger Bell though)
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:12 pm

I am now wondering if she is a ingot, I am not sure at all if there is a hint or clue. I think that she is more likely to be a ingot if she stays for years, but no way to know until we see it.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby DeAnno » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 am

Pen's unusual speech patterns might be a sign of really subtle ingotry.

I however will buck popular opinion and speculate Pen is trapped for a medium amount of time, as opposed to long or short.
DeAnno

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 am

DeAnno wrote:Pen's unusual speech patterns might be a sign of really subtle ingotry.

I however will buck popular opinion and speculate Pen is trapped for a medium amount of time, as opposed to long or short.

what do you mean with medium?

with short I mean "less than six months" and with long "above five years"
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 am

We've been told she is an ingot, with a power of "mental export" (don't know what that means).

I expect long, just because getting aging to happen without Janetastrophes will get harder and harder the stronger the peal gets.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:06 pm

PlainDealingVillain wrote:We've been told she is an ingot, with a power of "mental export" (don't know what that means).

That sounds something that could go similar to Elspeth or to Aro, maybe something like that immortal from Alicorn's short story, maybe Pen can pass her mind (or others) into other bodies???? It really doesn't fit what we have seen tbh

PlainDealingVillain wrote:I expect long, just because getting aging to happen without Janetastrophes will get harder and harder the stronger the peal gets.

True, specially because the next step after this ought to be the creation of kersibles and similar objects to give to anyone that might come across the door.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Alicorn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Pen's ingot power is to apply things she's thinking of to appropriate representations in physical media. This means she will be able to write (with perfect grammar, and better eloquence than she has even without the grammar disability, but a noticeable tendency to TMI) things she wishes to communicate on surfaces that admit of writing; it will also apply to things like sheet music if she comes up with a tune and probably I'll allow other applications if I think of them and they come up.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!