Elcenia Spoilers

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Elcenia Spoilers from the Chalk thread

Postby DanielH » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:48 pm

I assume the part about dragons sharing magic, in turn delaying old age, is part of the standard Elcenia canon? Has nobody noticed that counselmembers on average live longer than other dragons, or has this information just not filtered to an Elcenia viewpoint character’s conscious attention while we were watching?

Edit: this thread’s title seems a little out-of-date.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm

It is canon and undiscovered (as relates to lifespan) in canon.

The council's life span increase is basically invisible; they don't spend that much time loitering around in natural form on the island and they're a small sample size. By far the more significant results of this fact are a) violet-groups, white-groups, and red-groups live longer (in that order) and blue-groups die youngest, b) dragons with living clutchmates live longer, c) competitive fliers live longer, and d) dragons who marry other dragons younger than usual live longer. This only when the dragons in question die of old age! And the variance is so high that even if you plotted all this out on a maximally informative graph it wouldn't be really obvious that it wasn't noise, not without knowing the mechanism.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Shoal » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:15 am

"I just - have you given any thought to whether Finnah might have, like. Thoughts. That are specific to having been the one who got you." what does this mean?
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby DanielH » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:33 am

I believe this is a reference to Mial only being a shren because somebody left Finnah’s egg in a public park. Finnah might feel guilty about shrenning Mial, or might have complicated feelings about his plan to stay a shren.
DanielH

Postby Shoal » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:15 am

oh! i was interpreting "got you" too literally, i think. it makes more sense if it doesn't mean "received you"
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby DanielH » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Yeah, my mind started there too. I backtracked around the time I realized that Finnah moved into Mial’s house, so it’s more like he got her, and then wondering why that would be relevant.
DanielH

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 pm

How the wolfriders are created? they aren't descedents from dragons?

Vampires are dragon-related too? Why they have extra magic?

Interbreeding with magical animals could cause the dragon offspring to develop unusual magical traits like (possible) vampires and wolfriders?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Wolfriders are descended from dragons. So are vampires. Magical animals are not implicated in their additional traits; those happened separately.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Alicorn wrote:Wolfriders are descended from dragons. So are vampires. Magical animals are not implicated in their additional traits; those happened separately.

At random or there is a specific cause? like being the offspring of a unusual or something?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Both the wolves and riders have green-group ancestry (unusualness is not relevant) which did help slightly in allowing them to develop their mindlinks with each other. Vampires have a strong reason to hang around dragons a lot, so early generations of them did, and have enough continued admixture therewith to have picked up the shapeshifting trait in a limited, altered form.
Alicorn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!