Templates

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Templates

Postby Alicorn » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:25 pm

Bells get very wrapped up in and possessive of their partners, at least when their partners allow. They don't quite grok the extent to which Charlies are willing to just be come-home-to and Renées are willing to hare off on Renée adventures that will never be of interest to their husbands.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Anya » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 am

So I've been thinking and I apologise if it's been addressed before, but what does everyone think of cross author template doubles?

It came up for me because I've been talking to and introducing glowfic to one of my best friends and she's interested in glowficcing. We were going through the possible characters she would be interested in writing and a couple of pre-existing characters were brought up.

I know I have a double already as well, though I haven't glowficced them yet (Alistair from Dragon Age).

But yeah. Is this something we've talked about before?
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Marri » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 am

It's been brought up a little bit mostly in the context of NPCs, the ones that jump to mind being Harry Potter and Worm but I'm sure there are more; it'd be pretty easy for me to have a way for people to get permission to post with them but the UI of "how do you decide what character to pick" is much more tricky, since the UI is already kind of a mess xD
Marri

Postby pedromvilar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 am

Also I don't think it actually makes sense to post as someone else's character? Like, my take on Taylor is not the same as Wildbow's and it'd be... misleading... to say they're even alts, let alone the same character.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby Kappa » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am

I think it's probably fine for multiple people to have different takes on the same source material but it'd be a bit weird to treat those as the same character/template, because of what Pedro said.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Marri » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 am

Yes, but I could also see people not actually caring, and there's no reason I can't support both (like, people who are doing "someone must write this setting character as an NPC for Plot Reasons but I don't feel emotionally attached" could make a Generic Shareable Character and people who are doing "I am writing this setting character for my personal take on it" can have their own character? And presumably I'd attach them to settings.)
Marri

Postby Kappa » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:40 am

Yeah, reasonable.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Anya » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Yeah I figured they would be totally different templates.

But also if my friend does decide to start glowficcing I/she will send a message to the relevant people to see if they're cool with it also.

(characters are Belle from Once Upon a Time and Will Graham from Hannibal just fyi)
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Marri » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 pm

As far as I know I'm the only person who's glowficced as Belle from Once, and I am 100% on the "nope, no caring here, go ahead" side of the spectrum.
Marri

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 am

FWIW I'm also 100% on the "nope, not caring here, go ahead" side of the spectrum about both my fanfictional characters and my OCs (and also the blend that is Hero).
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!