Interest Check -- Play-by-Post RPG?

Not the kind with cardstock and pawns. Mostly play by post Mafia so far.

Re: Interest Check -- Play-by-Post RPG?

Postby Kappa » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:16 am

...Those are still teeny weeny to me. What am I missing???
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Alicorn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:23 am

Seconded, they are hella teeny.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Ezra » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:32 am

Tamien's links don't work for me, but her instructions do. I get a big map if I take jalapeno_dude's map link and chop off the "?" part of the url.
Ezra

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Tamien » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:39 am

weird. how about these links?: eberron khorvaire

jalapeno_dude wrote:-I've had a lot of success with starting immediately before or on the Day of Mourning itself. In this case the players would be Cyrans who somehow survive the Day of Mourning. Then there are lots of ways to go from there: political maneuvering to keep Cyre a viable state; desperate research to try to reverse it, or prevent something like it from happening again, or figure out how to exploit it was a weapon; attempting to find new meaning with one's country and home and family gone.
-There's always the whole "expedition to Xen'drik" thing. This could be played lots of different ways: a straight-up Indiana Jones-style race-the-evil-organization-to-the-artifact, a wild West gold-rush scenario, a Heart of Darkness-style descent into madness as the expedition succumbs to the Horrors that destroyed the Giants, an anthropological expedition to make contact with the Drow...
-Did I mention something about a Draconic Prophecy?
-Anti-deathism in Eberron. Go Blood of Vol!
-Warforged trying to figure out their origins and the future of their race.
-Political and corporate intrigue with the dragonmarked houses.
-If something is named the Last War the Next War is right around the corner. Espionage time!
-Casablanca in Thronehold, the only neutral territory left in Khorvaire.
-Pirates!
-Let's all be artificers and bootstrap Eberron even further. Magical transistors?

i have bolded the parts of the campaign pitches that appeal most to me
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:41 am

Still tiny
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Tamien » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:45 am

i've got no clue, then. the images linked in jalapeno's post were tiny but all the ones i linked go to 1000+ x 1000+ pixel images for me. i guess you guys have to do it manually, sorry

well, wait. one more idea:

eberron

khorvaire
Tamien

Postby Kappa » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:54 am

Neither the new links nor the instructions work for me. The spoilerboxed images don't either. Teeniness abounds. Maybe somebody who's able to get the large versions could imgur them?

Tamien, I can barely detect the bolding in your quote but I think your idea of bolding for appeal is excellent so I'm going to make things colours in addition to bolding.

jalapeno_dude wrote:-I've had a lot of success with starting immediately before or on the Day of Mourning itself. In this case the players would be Cyrans who somehow survive the Day of Mourning. Then there are lots of ways to go from there: political maneuvering to keep Cyre a viable state; desperate research to try to reverse it, or prevent something like it from happening again, or figure out how to exploit it was a weapon; attempting to find new meaning with one's country and home and family gone.
-There's always the whole "expedition to Xen'drik" thing. This could be played lots of different ways: a straight-up Indiana Jones-style race-the-evil-organization-to-the-artifact, a wild West gold-rush scenario, a Heart of Darkness-style descent into madness as the expedition succumbs to the Horrors that destroyed the Giants, an anthropological expedition to make contact with the Drow...
-If something is named the Last War the Next War is right around the corner. Espionage time!
-Pirates!
-Let's all be artificers and bootstrap Eberron even further. Magical transistors?

But some of the things I didn't bold were because I didn't understand the references. Heart of Darkness? Casablanca? Like, I've heard these phrases but they don't expand into plotlines in my head.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:14 pm

-I've had a lot of success with starting immediately before or on the Day of Mourning itself. In this case the players would be Cyrans who somehow survive the Day of Mourning. Then there are lots of ways to go from there: political maneuvering to keep Cyre a viable state; desperate research to try to reverse it, or prevent something like it from happening again, or figure out how to exploit it was a weapon; attempting to find new meaning with one's country and home and family gone.
-Pirates!

I can't say I feel that strongly about any of the marked, because I need to get a better feel of what we are likely to get before I start to get attached.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Tamien » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:27 pm

okay, rehosted the big images: Eberron Khorvaire
if this doesn't work i'm throwing up my hands
Tamien

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm