Short Stories Mafia Post Mortem

Not the kind with cardstock and pawns. Mostly play by post Mafia so far.

Re: Short Stories Mafia Post Mortem

Postby BlueSkySprite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:44 pm

I had a good time and really enjoyed feeling useful! I think in the future it'd be fun if there were a little more powerful mafia to balance that much information goddess. But this was a really fun role to play!
BlueSkySprite

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby pistachi0n » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:45 pm

I also thought it was fun, I had a really cool power!

I think the one thing that would have made it more balanced would be if there had been no recordkeeper.
pistachi0n

Pronouns: She/her

Postby anthusiasm » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Yeah I think the mafia having chat would have helped with the balance issue. I don't think that would've had the same results as it did in Elcenia mafia because there were fewer of them and the town had the information goddess.

Also! @BSS I do not think, in retrospect, that you were acting particularly suspiciously, I was just being paranoid and overcompensating for my Friend Bias (okay, if I'm being honest with myself it's more of a Person I Have Ever Talked To Bias).
anthusiasm

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby pistachi0n » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Also, I'd play another mafia game in a heartbeat.
pistachi0n

Pronouns: She/her

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Was it in any way deliberate that all my targets were really helpful town people? I assumed that they'd be randomly distributed, so that pushing things toward them while mostly acting as town might be reasonable.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Alicorn » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:28 pm

If there had been like one more player there would have been A SEA-DEATH. Balance is hard.

PDV, your role was randomly assigned, the "number of characters in screen name" thing was decided in advance, and that you would get the non-suicidal version was decided in advance. We didn't even count the characters in anyone's screen name until we were composing your role PM.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby epsilonbeta » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Interesting, the flipped condition would have been a lot harder to achieve.
epsilonbeta

Pronouns: He/Him

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Alicorn wrote:If there had been like one more player there would have been A SEA-DEATH. Balance is hard.

PDV, your role was randomly assigned, the "number of characters in screen name" thing was decided in advance, and that you would get the non-suicidal version was decided in advance. We didn't even count the characters in anyone's screen name until we were composing your role PM.

That is mostly what I thought, but given the coincidence, I was curious.

Balance is always hard.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby HybridZizi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:01 pm

I had tons of fun playing this game! I felt like the timing on everything was super convenient for me (I was super glad when pistachi0n requested protection on day 1 because I was just starting to go "what am I supposed to do here???" although I was pretty worried when I had to switch to Crystal just as we found out who BlueSkySprite was). I'm glad technical difficulties kept me from getting killed even if that's all it was.
HybridZizi

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Shoal » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 pm

jalapeno_dude wrote:Oh, and: Shoal, why did you switch from reading DanielH as scum to reading me as scum? At the time you declared me as scum I had made five posts in thread, and even in retrospect I'm having trouble determining what in them made me so suspicious, especially given that you seemed to share my suspicions of DanielH initially. I do think I understand why people ended up lynching me given my posts after that (though I think I still stand by my argument for No Lynch even in retrospect), but not that initial accusation...

because fucking up the game for the other town pr is my town pr meta apparently.

less flippantly, because I thought you were playing fairly similarly to last game, which was probably just a playstyle thing since now i know you do it as both alignments, and because you waited until 20 minutes to the deadline to even softclaim that you were a powerrole and there wasn’t enough time to flip the wagons, I was the only other viable wagon, and i was a power role too (i interpreted my role to be 1 shot immunity to fairies since i could change my name and then if they had culted me then i could uncult myself) and because there just wasn’t enough time for us to sort out our differences with each other.

and because i was being bad at reading between the lines and because i suck.

I’m really sorry about my activity levels this game, that’s /not/ representative of my town game or alignment indicative for me. Normally as town I play fairly similarly to how i played day 1 and then i maintain that level of engagedness throughout the game.

My scum game has also improved since you guys last saw it, though >.>

PS: why wasn’t I nightkilled?
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games