Mafia: Elcenia Edition

Not the kind with cardstock and pawns. Mostly play by post Mafia so far.

Re: Mafia: Elcenia Edition

Postby Alicorn » Wed May 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Wed May 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Was day 3 the one when it was revealed that there was a demon? I had a minor crisis when the demon came out, for exactly the reasons I described while having the crisis.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Wed May 20, 2015 2:44 pm

yeah. we were just being confused/paranoid then.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby jalapeno_dude » Wed May 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Shoal wrote:Jalapeno, why did you suspect me over Tamien

I'm having trouble unpacking my reasons, but it was some combination of general distrust of your posting style (alternating between walls of text and going silent), which is totally irrational, and the fact that I read Tamien as genuinely upset when I got mad at her.
and what did you think you would gain from pretending to suspect Tamien over me?

I figured that if I voted for you instead of Tamien you might switch to voting for me instead of michaelblume (which would only have mattered if I was wrong about you being the demon, but I wasn't *that* sure, and I doubted I'd be able to get Tamien to vote for you instead of me.
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby BlueSkySprite » Wed May 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Shoal wrote:BSS, how did you know about MTC?

My reasoning is as I described in-game.

I originally had the thought during a really long and boring school event, that if there was a demon, it might jump hosts every day, and so even if someone seemed town, they might actually be possessed, so I could only decide how suspicious someone was based on what someone had done during the current day. I also still thought that there was probably some kind of post restriction on demons, although I found out after I died that this was not true.

So I went through everything everyone had done that one day and wrote down a description of it (link), and MTC and michaelblume stood out the most as suspicious, and michaelblume was sick, so MTC was the most suspicious by a lot.

Voting someone with no explanation and saying nothing at else all day is extremely suspicious, and I think people were only letting him get away with it because they thought he was definitely town because he was confirmed to be Rithka. I said he was acting really suspiciously and voted for him, and then he defended himself (I thought) pretty badly, saying that he was just quiet and hadn't had anything to add. So I didn't know for sure, but he seemed like the best possible bet.

I was really excited about having found the day's most suspicious person and possibly demon, although I'd felt about as confident when I started that bandwagon against futurevision because they hadn't been online at all all day, so they were probably a demon and couldn't talk.
BlueSkySprite

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Shoal » Wed May 20, 2015 4:13 pm

that makes sense. I do think we should penalise naked voting. And I think it is possible that PDV chose MTC because he was unlikely to be mislynched, so the line of thought about how someone who was conftown could be suspicious was good.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Wed May 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Yes, I specifically picked MTC after finding out that they were a dragon and definitely town. Before that reveal I was going to pick Tamien, because they'd correctly guessed some of how the demon worked. I figured picking someone who was unlikely to die before the demon jumped again was a good plan.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Tamien » Wed May 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Oh man, it would have been interesting to have been possessed! I wonder how well I'd've done.

I am pretty proud of how close my guess about the demon mechanics was.
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Previous

Return to Board Games