Anya's Author-thread

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Anya's Author-thread

Postby Anya » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:21 pm

I tilted my head to one side and quickly looked at Alice's and Rosalie's ears: neither had them pierced. "If I get my ears pierced, will they heal closed when I turn?" I asked.

"If you're not wearing earrings at the time, they will," Rosalie said. "If you have earrings in, they might stay. But then you have to count on that being in fashion for hundreds and hundreds of years."

"True. I've done without this long. And there are clips and magnets - I guess magnets would rely less on the earlobe being easily compressible."

"I have loads of magnet earrings," Alice said. "I just don't wear them to school much because once about twelve years ago I got into a very annoying conversation with someone who thought that if I liked earrings enough to wear them every day, I ought to go get my ears pierced at her aunt's parlor, and she wouldn't leave me be. It's not that hard to fix up a regular earring to attach with magnets, if you know how. I'll show you sometime."

I just remembered this conversation in Luminosity.

Klara was born in 980ad. So she wouldn't have lip and nose peicings when she was turned. Magnets are fine, I supppse.
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:27 pm

Yeah, I was about to say - I think if you turn while wearing (glass or otherwise venomproof) piercings, you now have those holes Forever, and if not you pretty much don't.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DanielH » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:09 pm

It is probably also the case that vampires are not Literally Invulnerable To Everything and it would be possible to get piercings post-turning. Not sure how those would behave; they might heal.

A Sparkles needs to stay in Aurum as the Imperial Cosmetician and Imperial Food Supplier. Piercing, un-piercing, sex change, un-amputation, and various procedures that humans can have done but vampires cannot.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby pedromvilar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:06 pm

I don't think Sparkles can help with that? They have personal biokinesis they can't do the thing to other vampires.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:40 pm

You'd to have them on during the turning. That way the holes stick around. IIRC
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby DanielH » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 pm

I thought he had more general biokinesis, never mind. They need some biokinesis witch, though. As time approaches infinity, there chance that any given vampire will lose any given body part approaches 1.

The holes stick around if they exist through turning, as Anya quoted above. But what if a vampire rips out one of their canine teeth, cleans it of venom, and then stabs it through their (or somebody else’s) earlobe/lip/other piercable body part?
DanielH

Postby Anya » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 pm

I think that is one way to do it, but eventually the jewelry would corrode.

....unless you plan to keep the tooth in there. Lol.
Anya

Postby Anya » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:54 pm

ImageImage

I'm quite proud of these icons. Made to look like a Vampire Diaries vampire...which I'm thinking of naming Mysticvamp, just coz I call the TVD world 'Mystic'.

Though obviously if anyone else has a preferred name, I'm happy to change my tune.

(mystpire?)
Anya

Postby Anya » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:33 pm

ImageImage

Sooo I don't know which one I like better? I should re-do the second one a bit. I went overboard with the sparkles. But still the colour of the skin is different in both and thats what I'm judging. The second one is fully desaturated, and the first one is only a bit. I'm not sure which one is more sparklepire.
Anya

Postby DanielH » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:50 pm

Unless the second one is newborn I think the eyes are too bright, but I like the first.
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Creations