Chaos's Author thread

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Chaos's Author thread

Postby ChaosMagic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi! I'm new here, decided to finally delurk and try to get into things!

Characters
America Chavez
From Marvel Comics, most famously the Young Avengers series, most recently the Ultimates series. A superheroine with super strength, nigh invulnerability, flight, and the ability to open and close holes between worlds. I tend to headcanon that her superpower is actually "can ignore local laws of physics, within limits" that she usually uses for "ignore gravity" and "ignore momentum". (She can canonically punch black holes, destroying them. 'Super strength' doesn't begin to cover it)
Is officially Unique in the Multiverse. Generally taciturn. She's dedicated her life to heroics, usually on a grand scale.
[For anyone actually familiar with her, I'm currently ignoring her solo comic, since it's really OOC]

Tess
Frequently genderfluid. The sort to notice narrativium and then exploit that. Socially awkward and usually easily flustered, though the way they're socially awkward varies with world.
Leans towards nature magic and summoning magic when available. Very fond of things with unconventional applications

Lirhan
So far my image of him is world-specific, but he could be easily templated. A dnd-style paladin and the prospective crown prince of a nation that bases its succession on which member of the royal family is the most powerful cleric or paladin, who must complete an Epic Quest to claim his inheritance, with the complication of "is a tiefling". Opposed by his morally dubious half-sister, the other main contender for the throne.

Edit:
Editing to add some characters-
Malsolei
Generally attached to Tess, though can occur on her own. Typically female, demisexual, and close to Tess in some way. In original setting, she's a sylph wizard. Highly intellectual, she likes solving puzzles, likes learning languages, and is intensely interested in history. She uses air magic when available, and will generally gravitate towards inventions.

Lisa Halloran
A paramedic (or local equivalent for alts). She's generally light-hearted, level headed, self-assured, and prone to teasing. Canon version is America Chavez's girlfriend. Alts will always be gay, bi, or pan.

Edward and Alphonse Elric
From Fullmetal Alchemist. Interested in them as of the 2003 anime, as of Brotherhood, or as alts. Both are geniuses, especially in math, science, and languages, and are heroic. Edward has a short temper, is highly dramatic, and is protective of his younger brother Al. Al is gentler but also fairly stubborn. If multiple magic systems are available, they'll be using the one that's most math-heavy.

Original Worlds
(Unnamed)
Lirhan's DnD-style world. Everyone is fully aware that the world runs on chance, with a side helping of narrativium (usually referred to as someone having dice weighted in favor of interesting outcomes). People usually refer to dice instead of fate, and it's entirely possible to achieve mid-high power levels by being good at statistics. Unlike standard DnD, there're no Always Evil or Always Good races - everyone defaults to somewhere on the neutral axis, with the law-chaos axis representing a species' general style of society-building. (Demons, devils, angels, etc are the only exception, being essentially elemental embodiments of a certain alignment).

Liminal
A world made up of islands of material existence floating in the formless void, connected by leylines that can be navigated mostly by ley-ships. There's a variety of approaches to magic, usually focused around altering your own body. The world is populated entirely by non-natives and their descendants - people will get lost, typically in a vaguely liminal space and time ("the deep woods," "the open sea during a storm," "a deserted truck stop at midnight", etc), and wander into this world. If anyone's ever found a way back, it isn't widely known.

Worlds I Especially Want to Play With
Earth plus Superheros plus Daemons
Alpennia
Steerswoman 'verse
Elemental logic 'verse
Elder Scrolls (Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc)
Fallen London/ Sunless Sea
Fallout world
Naruto verse
Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 anime, Brotherhood, or a mixture of both)
Marvel (including cinematic universe, some comics)
Tolkien
Potterverse
Wormverse
Aurum
Eclipse
Assorted space operas

Though I'm interested in crossovers with just about any world; those are just ones I'd feel more confident in and can think of off the top of my head.
Last edited by ChaosMagic on Sun May 21, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ChaosMagic

Pronouns: They/them

Re: Chaos's Author thread

Postby pedromvilar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi! Welcome! Are you on IRC or Discord? Also Sadde is !!!!! at a new genderfluid.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby ChaosMagic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:05 pm

I know that both are a thing, but am not on either. Can get on discord, not sure how to get on IRC?

Edit: Also hi! And Tess would be delighted by Saddie, "combine exploiting magic/powers with Dramatic Presentation" is her thing
ChaosMagic

Postby Alicorn » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 pm

OMG, Steerswoman!
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby pedromvilar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Discord is bridged to IRC, if you're on one you're on both, but for what it's worth IRC is #glowfic (plus a fuckton of others) on irc.psigenix.net

And yes let's do a thing! My most Dramatic Sadde is Worm Sadde.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby DanielH » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:21 pm

What does “Is officially Unique in the Multiverse” mean in the context of glowfic?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby ChaosMagic » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 am

DanielH wrote:What does “Is officially Unique in the Multiverse” mean in the context of glowfic?

No alts, probably impossible to fork (more relevant in marvel; you can fork entire universes in Marvel which doesn't apparently apply to her, and America fails to have alts even when everyone else on her team does). She'll probably interact oddly with attempts to fork her/her surroundings, including if timetravel is involved. Might be related to the "ignores physics" thing she has going on - her homeworld is also unique and exists outside of space and time
ChaosMagic

Postby ChaosMagic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 am

Alicorn wrote:OMG, Steerswoman!

You're a Steerswoman fan, too? Awesome!
ChaosMagic

Postby Alicorn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 am

I am! I also got kappa and I think PDV to read them. I think I could be the world if I gave it a reread.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby ChaosMagic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 am

Sweet! Yeah I'd likely want to at least reread the first book, though that's no hardship at all. I tend to rec them to anyone who'll sit still long enough
ChaosMagic

Next

Return to Creations