Alicornucopia [Alicorn Author Thread]

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Alicornucopia [Alicorn Author Thread]

Postby Alicorn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Just because I own the place doesn't mean I shouldn't have one of these, I guess. Advise me of omissions. Question me. Shower me in compliments. Propose threads.

Characters:

Bells: My standard-issue glowfic protagonist. Comes in variety. Available in four colors and two genders with many optional accessories including parents, siblings, [given appropriate context] children, an unrequited admirer, and a sapient cat.

Chelseas: My classic villain. Available nonmagical but more threatening when magical. Usually comes with accessory primary partner/accomplice. Seems to only come in female. I have an Asian facecast I haven't gotten to use yet.

Rebeccas: I'm real excited about Rebeccas lately. Please ask me about my Rebeccas. Available in three flavors so far. Only one facecast yet but they insist that each flavor of them must have a different hair color even if I haven't gotten around to shopping it in yet. Probably only girls unless they decide to come in seahorse.

Elcenians: I can be the Elcenia setting. It has people. Read the source material for more info.

Other: If I have been someone before, I can probably be them again, but this is more interesting if the characters are more awake.

My Powers Of NPC Generation: Pretty considerable. I don't mind not having any regular characters, if I'm just being a setting and random people suited to it. Sometimes my NPCs wake up a little or a lot.

---------

Settings:

I can do Elcenia. See above. I go through long moods of not wanting to do Elcenia sometimes though.

Settings with worldbuilding info threads: Eclipse, Daevinity/Inferno/Revelation, Cycle/Stork, Visitor/Names/Fairyland, Gemini, Treasury, Momentum, Bindings/Hex, Dreamward.

I am also comfortable solo running my glowfic versions of settings based on His Dark Materials (Alethia/Chamomile), Samaria, Buffy (Sunshine or Phaeton), Enchanted Forest (Chronicle), Tales of MU (Materia), Pokémon (Arceus), Harry Potter (Hazel/Fantasia), Star Trek (Warp), Narnia, Asgard-centered MCU (Edda), Elemental Blessings (Quinn), MLP:FiM (Equestria), Tangled (Garden), non-Barrayar-centered Vorkosigan Saga (Nexus), PMMM (Rewind/Wish), and, uh, Twilight (Aurum). I can do glowfic-original settings including Tayane, Cosel, Alucine, Amenta (Peka's planet, which appears within Warp in Silmaril but is portable to any setting where being a Star Trek amount-of-alien is kosher), and Beach.

I can do other settings if there is more or less worldbuilding participation from the coauthor but would need more prethread discussion. Threads where we each have characters native to a single world require advance discussion to make sure we're on the same page regardless. I can do characters native to worlds I cannot be (e.g. Ambela or Lorica) as long as I don't have to do them in the world or my coauthor is being the world.

---------

Style:

I am Fast. It is okay if you are not Fast, but if I'm real excited about our thread, I may pester you about it and get butthurt if you tag other people while I remain untagged. Non-Fast coauthors also tend to lead to me being lazy about saying "tag" to them, because I am not a delayed gratification champion. I am less Fast when there is a baby on me. There is, these days, frequently a baby on me.

I have a very poor tolerance for nonstandard spelling, grammar, etc. Stylistic stuff is often but not always fine. I will correct your typos and expect you to fix them pronto. If there are too many I won't be able to read your stuff, let alone help produce it.

I LIKE BEING MEAN TO CHARACTERS. I have limited interest in being mean to them in a gooey fashion but I am compatible with coauthors who go for that. I don't like having characters I like perma-fail, although I don't mind leaving them in need of a bailout and then bailing them out.

I can't do smut. My ability to can cuts out around "words for anatomy", so I can sometimes get pretty close, and if I am doing that my coauthor can include all the words for anatomy they like as long as I am not backed into a corner on it.

Three author boxes are a pain but sometimes worth it.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Re: Alicornucopia [Alicorn Author Thread]

Postby Kappa » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:10 pm

You are a good <3333

I support the creation of more Rebecca alts; do they really insist on the hair thing? That's adorable.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Alicorn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:28 pm

The hair thing happened with the first three flavors and they were like "that's a thing" and I was like "...okay"
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Shoal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 am

<3

Yay, you have one of these now!

I would like to see Sarion the elf meet Quendi elves.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:34 am

Rebeccas: I'm real excited about Rebeccas lately. Please ask me about my Rebeccas. Available in three flavors so far. Only one facecast yet but they insist that each flavor of them must have a different hair color even if I haven't gotten around to shopping it in yet. Probably only girls unless they decide to come in seahorse.

That is specific. Is there a seahorse alt planned or something??
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby DanielH » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:47 am

I think that’s because male seahorses can get pregnant and male most-anything-else cannot.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 am

That's it, yeah. Kind of a key backstory point.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Is the inability to feed the Catherines the normal way a template attractor, or is bottle-feeding standard for Amenta?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:15 pm

It's not inability, they aren't near their Catherines enough in earliest infancy and stop lactating.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Unbitwise » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:03 pm

What does “being mean to them in a gooey fashion” mean?

Also, thank you for putting up a List of Characters and Settings You Do.
Unbitwise

Pronouns: he (or they or whatever)

Next

Return to Creations