Voiced versions of glowfic and/or Luminosity

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Voiced versions of glowfic and/or Luminosity

Postby quark » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:39 am

I'd probably be up for trying to voice some Australian children if it ever came up! Mostly I was assuming that anyone from a version of modern day Earth should probably have something close to the accent that they would actually have, but anyone from a non-Earth location was pretty much fair game as to what they sounded like.
quark

Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Postby Throne3d » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:34 pm

… Okay that's a very good point about non-Earth people, one that I hadn't thought of.
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby DanielH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 pm

I’m not sure we could get very close with even all the Earth people; we don’t have enough people with British accents to do anything set in Hogwarts.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:10 pm

I also think that probably people who would have consistent accents within a universe should have similarly-accented voice actors, but still probably less strictly than on Earths.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kaylin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:36 am

I feel like I should volunteer my British accent, but I'm not doing a recording right now as I have a cold and a sore throat. So just imagine there's a recording of a female voice speaking Queen's English.
Kaylin

Pronouns: they/them (subject to change)

Postby DanielH » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:10 pm

I had been planning to record a voice sample, probably the beginning of “you took your time with the call”, this weekend; unfortunately; it looks like I’ll have some trouble doing a good job at the moment. Instead, I’m looking at how to upload the sample I sent in for the HPMoR podcast (which unfortunately didn’t make the cut because I procrastinated and somebody else got there first).

People seem to want to do “in spite of a nail”; who wants which parts? I can do Charlie, at least; he doesn’t have much speaking time but he and the receptionist (who might have been gendered; I don’t remember) are the only non-Bella parts who weren’t identified as having a British accent in the text. Or, I think Giles’s accent might also not have been mentioned, but a lot of you seem to care more than I do about getting accents right even then.
DanielH

Postby quark » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:29 pm

I'm up for reading the receptionist's two or so lines; I can use my Customer Service Voice :)
quark

Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Postby AndaisQ » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Turns out the imminent thought of interacting with any project of this type strikes me down with eminently predictable crippling anxiety, so I'm gonna have to bow out. Soz.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Aestrix » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm fine with reading whatever is handed to me, but if you give me large amounts to read I might take a while to get to it and I might be too easily distracted to show initiative on what I read. So uh. If you guys like my voice and want me to be a person, just point me at it and I'll get to it when I can. xD
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:59 pm

I need to set up an index of people and their voice characteristics and links, but for In Spite of a Nail we need three British male voices. Plot hinges on at least two of them being British, maybe on all three. I can find short YouTube clips of each of them, since there are real-world actors available for all of them, but I doubt we could get particularly close to all of them.

For the other characters, how about I be Charlie, Tamien be Bella, and Quark read the receptionist unless they were specified as male in which case I can also take that part?

I can record my part(s) this weekend.
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Creations