Voiced versions of glowfic and/or Luminosity

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Voiced versions of glowfic and/or Luminosity

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 am

Do you have place to host the files?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby RoboticLIN » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:20 am

Eh I'd help out a bit. Just preferably not romantic stuff. My mic is a bit bad at times, but I have a headset one sitting unopened that is likely much better. (XD I checked and it's an 'Eclipse' headset.)
Aestrix is clearly the best person of all time, I worship the ground she walks on.
- Aestrix, upon adding her drawing to my avatar <3
RoboticLIN

Postby DanielH » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:36 am

Unfortunately, Eclipse has a high concentration of romantic stuff.

So far the only concrete suggestion is Luminosity. I’m fine with that, but others don’t all want a big commitment, so I’ll add two suggestions fron the Particularly Good Threads list: In Spite of a Nail, Intended Purpose.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:19 am

Voicing note for Minus: I was thrilled when Elementary came out because Sherlock talks almost exactly like a Minus.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Timepoof » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:37 pm

In Spite of a Nail seems like a neat thing to do. It's got a handy short receptionist part, too.
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Bluelantern, I missed your question, sorry. The answer is that I do not and I don’t know if anybody else does. I expect that free hosting options should be fine for a while, though, because it takes a long time to read and edit stuff.

My worry with In Spite of a Nail is that we might need multiple British accent voices, and accent is actually relevant in a few places. Throne, would you be able to do pretty much all the purples?

Should we be aiming for inter-sandbox or inter-continuity voices staying the same? That is, should all the Forks-born female Bells sound the same? If so, that limits our potential ability to work in parallel; otherwise we could work on Luminosity and In Spite of a Nail simultaneously.
DanielH

Postby AndaisQ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:43 pm

I can do a non-terrible impression of Elementary!Sherlock, as far as I can tell from inside my skull, for what that's worth.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby anthusiasm » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:38 pm

I have zero voice acting experience + get very self-conscious when reading things out loud sometimes to the point where I stumble over easy words. Also I don't know how much of a commitment I can make. But this looks like fun and I want to do it, so I'm willing to try voicing stuff!
anthusiasm

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Throne3d » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:45 pm

All of the purples in "in spite of a nail"? I don't actually know which purples in particular are there (except a Sherlock, presumably Minus), and at least probably not for the next few days as my throat is slightly dead right now. (I'd also prefer to have other people agree to cast me as such, if it happens, because it seems like it'd be good to get consensus on who would be a good voice for what characters.)

I'm happy for other people to attempt to do British voices, but if you want to check with me for the pronunciation of various words (or see where your vowels might be wrong, perhaps, from a native British speaker), I'd be happy to (try to) help there too.
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby DanielH » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:38 pm

The three character who need British accents are Minus, Giles, and Asshole Watcher Arthur Mallory. I am trying not to be a dictator on this project; I am proposing things and people are usually not verbally disagreeing with those things. Anybody, please feel free to disagree or propose alternatives.

One thing I propose is that we discuss whether we’d like to start with Luminosity, In Spite of a Nail, both, or something else. Another thing I propose is that people consider how or whether to convey various glowfic information (icon, screen name, reply) boundaries in audio.
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Creations