Voiced versions of glowfic and/or Luminosity

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Voiced versions of glowfic and/or Luminosity

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:49 pm

This is a spinoff of this thread, which is about Bluelantern’s text-to-speech versions of glowfic. This thread is about us attempting to make human-read versions of glowfic, although we may do other things as well.

[NOTE to Alicorn or Adelene: should the relevant posts be moved to this thread?]

I think it would be best to do this in the style of the HPMoR Podcast, where different voice actors do different characters. I’m not sure how we should read the reply boundaries, except by changing who the narrator actor is, or sequences of several “silence” replies with different facial expressions (which can’t all translate to tone of voice). Alternately, it could be read like a play, where we prefix everything with the character’s name and potentially facial expression (either from icon keyword or, if that isn’t particularly applicable, what is being conveyed by the icon).

So far, I believe I am the only masculine-voiced person who has volunteered for voice acting.

There have been suggestions to start with Incandescence, sandboxen, or Luminosity. I was the only one who suggested Incandescence, and I agree it does make more sense to instead do a shorter sandbox first. Bluelantern requested we do Luminosity before glowfic, which might be a good idea but would also take time.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Voiced versions of glowfic and/or Luminosity

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:49 pm

(reserved for if the project gets started)
DanielH

Postby Aestrix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Okay, so. I am totally willing to Bella Swan it up. Here is a demonstrably read snippet of chapter 13, in MP3 and WAV.

But! I do have some time constraints and in the next few months I expect my life to be a bit up in the air, and I do have this annoying habit of not finishing projects unless I have someone helping and occasionally poking me. I have audio editing software and some experience, but don't expect myself to be able to record and edit an entire audiobook by myself without collapsing into a pile of angst and not actually getting it done.

So I'd need an editing buddy, so my potential task would be the much more manageable one of recording an entire audiobook. xD
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:18 pm

I have some but not much editing experience, and ideally other people would do some of the roles but that doesn’t meaningfully cut down on the amount of work necessary for recording a book.
DanielH

Postby Kappa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:08 pm

Here is a kappavoice, and as I said in the other thread, I'm happy to contribute in theory but in practice I do not have the executive function required to eat lunch on the regular, never mind consistently contribute to a project of this scope. But if somebody shoves a thread in front of my face and says "Read this" I'll totally do it.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:14 pm

Fair warning: I also have trouble completing projects; I’m very good at starting them, working on them nonstop for two weeks to a month, and then completely forgetting about them. I hope that working with other people can keep me on track.

So far the only concrete suggestion for what to start with is Luminosity. Does anybody want to take voices in that or suggest something else (probably it would be better with the something in question were shorter)? I’m looking at some of the sandboxes again to see if anything seems particularly good to start with.
DanielH

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:45 pm

The Voices thread seems very relevant to this project; I'll do a few takes of a few things and post the best ones either here or there.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Throne3d » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:42 am

My voice exists (see voices thread), is rather British and male, and I have no idea if I'd have much time to do this nor if I'd be any good at voice acting nor if there are any particular characters I could do, but probably volunteer for a trial run anyway (or whatever). I'd probably have time at some point, but I am in a different timezone and also currently at university, so.
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Timepoof » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:09 am

My voice also exists, and I can do different silly voices, and Russian, but as I have mentioned real life is likely to interfere with any attempts to do anything too long/all in one go, or anything that relies on me being able to record on a schedule. Also I would probably need to find an actual microphone.
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby AndaisQ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:17 am

Have just posted a link to my voice in the voices thread! I have a good voice I think and would quite like to use it! And I'm also fairly good at differentiated character voices. Don't have a great mic though. Accent: Kind of mixty Midland American with weird regional artifacts from about 15 places I've never actually lived. Also, I have a very reliable Taako impression.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Next

Return to Creations