Setting: Envision

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Setting: Envision

Postby Kappa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:26 am

...if I'm understanding this right, then if someone tried to create a Vys that was a copy of Miles, and got a Vitaal, it would be a Mark for about two seconds and then it would turn itself into a Miles and stay that way - unless it was suspicious of its creator, in which case it would stay a Mark and just pretend.

Not sure about a Vele. I think I don't understand enough about how the "tied to their Prelude" thing cashes out.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby ErinFlight » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:43 am

Yep that sounds about right.
Though it's not quite the Vitaal viewing themselves from a third party completely objective perspective and handpicking personality traits, more along the lines of wanting something and moving in that direction but not quite predicting all the side effects/intricacies of doing so.
You could also have a Tony make a Vitaal who ended up being Sherlock.

I think Vele may be harder to be alt, though you could imagine them as similar to Alicorn's vampires with a mate and you can't have a Vele that has opposite desires and morals to their Prelude. You could have a Vele with sections of it though.
So if a character valued the people they love very highly and would never hurt them, but also feel driven to help strangers, you could have a Vele that was loyal to loved ones but indifferent to strangers.
ErinFlight

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:00 am

A Mark would find turning themselves into a Miles the easiest thing in the world if they had self-personality-editing powers.
Kappa

Postby Moriwen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 am

(Re: Mark, I was actually thinking of a Ges trying to create a Miles Vys and getting a Mark, parallel to the normal cloning method. IDK if that would actually work, either for the setting or for Kappa, though.)
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Kappa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:18 am

A Mark Vys created by a Ges would kill the Ges. Weirdly, being unable to exist without them makes it much easier.
Kappa

Postby DanielH » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 am

That actually makes perfect sense somehow. It’s because the main reason for not acting is fear, and once they cease to exist nobody can do anything to them, right?

You said a Vys might “alter itself before settling on it's final form/personality”. Is that settling a magical thing where it can’t change itself later, or just reaching reflective consistency?

Can a Vys commit suicide without killing their Prelude or convincing their Prelude to erase them?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Well, the thing is, they're never afraid of what will happen if they succeed - if they succeed, the person they're afraid of is dead. They're afraid of what will happen if they fail. But I think in the case where they can't exist without the person they're afraid of, they're able to write off the dangers because it's not possible for them to ever be okay anyway and the absolute best they can hope for is to take their creator down with them.
Kappa

Postby ErinFlight » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:47 pm

DanielH wrote:
You said a Vys might “alter itself before settling on it's final form/personality”. Is that settling a magical thing where it can’t change itself later, or just reaching reflective consistency?

Can a Vys commit suicide without killing their Prelude or convincing their Prelude to erase them?

So the creation of a Vys is a two way process, where the Vys has the final say on who they are going to be. But once they are created, they are a complete being with a personality and can't alter their core selves any more than a human can. They can still grow and shift, but not instantly.

And they can't commit suicide by themselves without their preludes death or consent.

And the abnormal plurals on all of these words is weird. I might alter them. I think it's mostly because there's no obvious way to make Vys plural (Vyses maybe, but that sounds like vices) so I followed suit on the others.
Hmm.
ErinFlight

Postby Kaylin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:44 am

The plurals you were using on discord were vysen, velen, vitaalen etc. Those sounded good to me.

Also, Cat is looking at the taboo on creating a vys that is identical to you, and...remember we were talking about how a Cat creates a Cat-vys of the other cluster?
Kaylin

Pronouns: they/them (subject to change)

Postby ErinFlight » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes, this is my initial idea from a bit ago. I need to update it a bunch. I was considering even making a new post. It might be better to just update this one.
I decided to add plurals! I'll edit them in when I update the whole thing.

I think I may have the identical to you taboo be specific to some cultures.
ErinFlight

Previous

Return to Creations