Ezra's authorthread

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Ezra's authorthread

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 am

It's a possible failure mode.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Shoal » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 am

Definitely. It happens in the world a lot. I'd just think those people are doing it wrong because I disagree with them. I think it is the failure of not valuing women's humanity enough. But it's a false dichotomy. It's possible to value both humans and potential humans.

Thinking more on other failure modes: Maybe valuing life too much in general could be too much humanity but the failure modes of that I can think of seem to be some other virtue: valuing peace too much and refusing to avert injustice because of potential cost of life. Or empathising too much with people who have done wrong to the detriment of protecting people from them (though that really seems more like an excess of mercy).
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Complex forms of wireheading (not just superheroin) are something like valuing life too much at the expense of what makes life enjoyable.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Shoal » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 pm

I don't really understand wireheading; I've read the wikipedia article on it but it's hard to wrap my head around the concept. But from what I understand, it seems more like valuing pleasure over life?
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Ezra » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Please enjoy my short selfthread, with the same replies as before but now with facecast and icons for Jeffy.
Ezra

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:43 pm

a cute!
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Previous

Return to Creations