Kitaloei (ThanksJam)

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Kitaloei (ThanksJam)

Postby Kappa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Kappa » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:46 am

Kappa

Postby Kappa » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:00 am

Final list of all provinces in the world of Kitaloei, in (possibly approximate) descending order of population. Format: Province (Capital)

1. Golden Plains (Wind's Rest)
  2. Laughing Lake (Brightwater)
  3. Dusty Hills (Highpoint)
  4. Wildwood (Honeycomb)
  5. Singing Mountains (Westmarch)
  6. Rose Mountains (Flowering Falls)
  7. Twin Steppes (Tall Rock)
  8. Silver Sands (Bramble Hill)
  9. Rainmere (Cliffside)
  10. Heron River (Misty Falls)
  11. Blazing Isles (Long Drop)
  12. Jeweled Sea (Lonely Shore)
  13. Glass Lake (Slow River)

There are also the Imperial Settlements, which is the collection of all miscellaneous inhabited locations not under the jurisdiction of any of the thirteen provinces. Generally this is stuff like "a floating island with exactly one medium-sized town on it, not close enough to count as part of another province", "five weird hermits living on one of the dark islands under the mainland", "six tiny islands clustered together in the middle of nowhere with one village each", etc.
Kappa

Postby Unbitwise » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Those Imperial Settlements are the sort of thing I imagine going on a lot in my 'claimverse' (because, after all, anyone can go build a floating island or whatever).
Unbitwise

Pronouns: he (or they or whatever)

Postby DanielH » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:04 pm

There seems to be a major detail or two missing from the top post of the thread.

And concerning those details: does it ever work to put oneself in the book? Can the Creator control when in the next world things appear, like saying “This person will be born about two decades before the end of the world”?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:30 am

"a major detail or two missing"?

You can put yourself in the book if you know yourself well enough. Many people don't.

And no, the creator cannot make people be born at certain times, although they do get about a minute as the world is in the process of ending to make last-minute changes to the next one by feel, and at that point they can see a lot of things about how the system works and what their world is going to be like that aren't visible at other times. Most people don't use this for much because being consumed by Void and Chaos is very distracting. Esere, the previous creator, used it to set up a quick introduction to "Blade of the Void: it important"; unfortunately, it did not occur to him that an interdimensional visitor might fall directly on the blade's enclosure while not speaking a word of the local language, so Cor missed a little of the exposition. Not much, though, because Esere was really pressed for time and couldn't muster much of an explanation.
Kappa

Postby DanielH » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:48 am

A major detail or two, such as the existence of spirits corresponding to the elements, the age of the world, the projected lifespan of the world, and what happened before the world existed, and what might be done about this. Or even “magic: you can do it via invented rituals”.
DanielH

Postby Aestrix » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 am

Distilling an entire setting's history and set of details into an easy to read format is difficult, and there's merit to not waiting until all details are down before posting. An author might be sparked by discussion into writing more, or have an easier time finding it to continue when it exists on the internet instead of in a word document or a draft document. In these cases, it's often helpful to politely ask for clarification, or for addendums to the main post so confusion can be cut down. It's hard work, helping is often appreciated.

That is not what you are doing. I recommend rereading your last two posts to correct for tone.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:29 am

I’m sorry that my intended tone didn’t come through properly. What I meant was that, perhaps since this was first posted (I don’t know the timeline for the development of the setting), it has acquired some distinguishing characteristics such as the Cycle. I intended to simply point out that these details didn’t make it into the introductory post and that Kappa might want to add them. I thought what I meant would be clear from my first post. When it didn’t seem to be, I answered the question about what I meant by the phrase, without realizing that a list like that might not look like just a clarification.

Again, I’m sorry for how I worded that. What I meant was more along the lines of, “Could you please add some details about the Cycle and the current iteration’s magic system?”.
DanielH

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:01 pm

unfortunately i only intermittently have thoughts today because my air conditioner keeps making a Horrible Noise
Kappa

PreviousNext

Return to Creations