Elves (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Elves (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Postby DanielH » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:15 am

Something I’m wondering, trying to figure out why the new Valar don’t seem to suck [I almost wrote “suck less” because they’re Valar, but it doesn’t actually seem to apply].

How many of the standard-issue Valar, upon hearing that Eru thought the right course of action was X, would proceed to do not-X? Melkor, obviously, would probably do not-X almost every single time. We’ve seen Aulë do it, in resurrecting the Space Ainur in Silmaril. Who else and under what circumstances?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:32 am

Fun fact: Last night I dreamed that I was travelling the multiverse in a search for a non-fucked-up Arda. I found lots and lots of really subtly fucked-up Ardas, including one where Melkor had manipulated everyone into thinking he was totally harmless and was playing a five-thousand-year long game which he dropped in favour of trying to mind-control the interdimensional visitors. Unfortunately I'm starting to forget the dream already so I don't know how I survived that one intact.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:23 am

How sure are you that you survived intact?
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:07 am

All of today has just been an escape fantasy where you thought the encounter with the Lord Melkor was a dream.
DanielH

Postby Kappa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:25 am

I love you guys.

*twenty minutes later* ...Except now my brain is insisting on having irrational worries about the nature of my reality (I'm sure you couldn't have known, it is a really specific problem my brain has) so let's all make fun of Sauron, because I feel like that's a pretty good smoke test of whether or not one is living in a Sauron-orchestrated hallucination.
Kappa

Postby Moriwen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:56 am

Faith thinks Sauron is fantastic. I'm pretty sure this is the worst thing it is possible to say about someone.
Sauron's name sounds like he tried to name himself after dinosaurs but got confused about which part of the word meant "terrible" and which meant "lizard."
Sauron and Thuringwethil sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G...
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Kappa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:03 am

Moriwen wrote:Sauron's name sounds like he tried to name himself after dinosaurs but got confused about which part of the word meant "terrible" and which meant "lizard."

*snrk* <3333333333333333333
Kappa

Postby DanielH » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:27 am

I think real life has more context than Sauron could invent. This isn't necessarily making fun of him, reality is complicated, but it is something. This world is significantly different from any that have the ability to travel the multiverse.

Sauron isn't smart enough to actually tell people about his deadman switch when it matters. This would have been fine if his only goal were to do damage on his way out, but Space Sauron wanted to survive for longer and only did so by luck.

He had no idea how to handle fairy orders when he had a captive fairy and a knowledgeable Maedhros on hand to explain. It was almost painful to watch how bad he was with it even though I wanted him to lose.

If were him, then he'd be uncreative enough that he can barely figure out how to put an "Am I a man who dreamed he was a butterfly" reference in even though it would be perfect. I assure you that you are not a multiversal traveler dreaming they are a Kappa.
DanielH

Postby Kappa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:44 am

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Kappa

Postby Timepoof » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:19 pm

I am so happy about this thread and nice valar and etc
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

Pronouns: she/her/hers

PreviousNext

Return to Creations