Pedro's Point

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Pedro's Point

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:07 am

I tried to be alliterative in the title but couldn't come up with anything better than that, so that it is.

I noticed other writers have Q&A and what-have-you threads and such, so decided to make one for me as well. Also for some random info about my characters, which I wanna have in a single place. And settings to glowfic in.

Also, for the record, I am pretty much thoroughly addicted to glowficcing, if you wanna suggest a glowfic to me chances are I'll say yes, even if I don't know the setting (though you'll have to be-the-setting in those cases).

My index of glowfics can be found here.

My characters

I will someday update this maybe.

Settings I Want to Glowfic In
So, Pedro is reasonably addicted to glowficcing, and wants to glowfic in a number of worlds. These are the worlds I haven't glowficced in yet but want to.
  • Aladdin
  • Atlantis: the Lost Empire
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Floating Point
  • Frozen
  • Genesis
  • Hex
  • His Dark Materials
  • Madoka
  • Maleficent
  • Materia (Tales of MU)
  • Momentum
  • Mulan
  • Naruto
  • Neverland
  • Phaeton
  • Pokémon
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Ra
  • Ravel
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice (that bad Nicolas Cage movie)
  • Stream
  • Ternion
  • Tormenta
  • Treasure Planet
  • Unspeakable
  • Young Wizards
  • Something with Greek mythology (modified Percy Jackson?)

Settings I Have Glowficced in
These are the worlds where I've already glowficced!

My settings
These are the settings that are, in some sense or other, "mine," because I know a lot of them and historically control lots of its native characters, or because I made them or cooperated with their making, or something like that.

Also, my Luminosity Sadde has a nice little magical object that can take them to other worlds for neat crossovers.
Last edited by pedromvilar on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:41 am, edited 64 times in total.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Re: Pedro's Point

Postby Bluelantern » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:29 am

How about Willow and Dauntless? :D
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:57 am

Don't know enough about them yet to have a list, I'll edit that post to add them once I do :P
pedromvilar

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:18 am

Edited to add what I have of Willows
pedromvilar

Postby Kappa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:15 am

Aww. I want to put blankets on them.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 am

And now a (probably incomplete) list of worlds I wanna glowfic in is available. It will probably grow with time!
pedromvilar

Postby Kappa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:44 am

:DDDDDD
Kappa

Postby Moriwen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Great, now you've got me thinking about reasons you couldn't just masochism-bootstrap!

- One of the coins you started with was a defanged star and you used it to wish really good mental defenses; now you can't edit your own brain with wishcoins.
- Someone else put anti-mint protocols in place (to maintain their empire?) that include a wish preventing anyone from wishing to be (being?) a masochist
- You're from some non-human species with much lower sensation-processing power; you just aren't capable of experiencing any sensation more intense than pentagons, and a wish to do so would be major structural editing to your brain
- You've never heard of the concept of masochism before, and "enjoy experiencing pain" is a weird enough concept not to occur to you on its own
- You can make yourself as masochist-y as you want but don't have a way to inflict much pain without risking death (you're unusually medically fragile; maybe a heart condition, so just using an agony beam isn't a solution?)

Not thrilled with any of those, though.
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby DanielH » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Originally in Effulgence bootstrapping the pain was impossible. You could wish yourself in pain but not generate coins from pain you got in that way. This restriction seems to have been relaxed over time, to the point where Mial from Amounts just has the ability to make himself in pain and that works. You could use a slight variant where it had to be pain your physical body experienced, along with the medical fragility.

I think the best bet would be an anti-tampering mental power like Bells’, but which prevented even self-inflicted tampering. There would need to be an additional lack-of-trust element or something, though.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:24 pm

The restriction has not been relaxed: if you directly use a coin to generate pain, that doesn't work, but if you use a coin to give yourself a permanent pain generation power, that does. This will still not help you bootstrap past pentagons.
Kappa

Next

Return to Creations