Unbitthread

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Unbitthread

Postby Moriwen » Tue May 30, 2017 5:25 pm

I'm pretty sure your past self punched you in the face, Daniel. :P
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby DanielH » Tue May 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Well yes, now, but when I wrote the paragraph it was my future self. And the nerve signal from my face reached my brain before the signal from my fist, so the self that did the punching was future of the self that was punched.

I’m glad I don’t punch hard especially at an awkward angle, or I could have hurt one of my selves.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Moriwen » Tue May 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Ah. See, I was going on the logic that Self.0 made the decision to set the punch in motion, and that both the face of Self.1 and the fist of Self.2 were innocent casualties of that choice. Under which interpretation I would say that Self.1 was punched by Self.0 using the fist of Self.2; but that there was no n < m such that Self.n was punched by Self.m.
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby DanielH » Tue May 30, 2017 6:12 pm

Fair enough, especially since my interpretation lends legitimacy to the semantics used in the “stop hitting yourself” bullying technique, and I am not aware of a good case for those semantics being preferable. My first sentence still stands, and I see no reason why 14 shouldn’t be on the list even though I may have broken that recommendation.

Unbitwise, I hope you get better soon. I was originally going to say “I hope your headache gets better”, but a headache which is better at being a headache is probably not actually what you want.
DanielH

Postby Kappa » Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 pm

this conversation brings me joy <3
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Unbitwise » Tue May 30, 2017 6:23 pm

"My $DISEASE has gotten better. I taught it ethics and biology and now it is an independent organism instead of a parasite."
Unbitwise

Pronouns: he (or they or whatever)

Postby Kappa » Tue May 30, 2017 6:29 pm

<333333333333333333333
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Ezra » Tue May 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Threadable tbh
Ezra

Postby Unbitwise » Tue May 30, 2017 7:59 pm

That's pretty much what's happening over in But if we never search.
Unbitwise

Postby Unbitwise » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Status report!

June 18, 2017
No improvement on yesterday. Temperatures have climbed to the triple digits. Supplies are dwindling. Barely can the ice cubes freeze before the men are upon them…

wait er I mean

• If for some insane reason you want to drop a character on the soon-to-be-industrial wasteland of Factorio, I'm game. Mostly I thought it would be fun to inflict on Sable-previously-in-Terraria for extra exasperation, but others are welcome though it likely won't go anywhere too interesting because there isn't really that much there there (in the actual game there are no NPCs and most of the complexity is in your own work, which would not actually be interesting to narrate.)
  • Interested in running Young Wizards (closer to canon themes than Effulgence!YW). Currently vaguely attempting to reread to catch more details I've forgotten.
  • Previously mentioned Setting With Portals is getting more fleshed out. Thinking about making a worldbuilding thread just to get some input but I feel like I want to nail down the themes better myself.
  • Project "rebuild claimverse's conlang on a sounder foundation" is stalled.
Unbitwise

PreviousNext

Return to Creations