Aestrix Ramblings and Q & A

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Aestrix Q & A

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

I think Elcenia in general isn't suitable for Incandescence's lower level of power creep anyway - it's the character insertion that seems more appealing. I guess what I'm really saying isn't that I want to Incandesce it but that I want to sandbox an Adarin in it sometime maybe. Again.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Aestrix » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:04 am

That is a thing that we can make happen! Eventually. Right now, I'm going 'Squeeeee' over the shiny new setting we just made <3
Aestrix

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:52 am

I propose refering to the adarins as "The Clound Watchers Club" xD

Would Zevi have any chance of becoming a mage (elemental control of Air suits her)?

edit: Adarins are how much of a Slytherin?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Marri » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm

I would've called Zevi as a Slytherin and Adarin as a Ravenclaw, I think?

Super random: Have you read the Dresden Files?
Marri

Postby Aestrix » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 pm

Sorry, I forgot I'd been asked a question, I apologize for the delay, Bluelantern.

Zevi could possibly be a mage, I'm not sure which, though. Definitely not fire, but any of the other three are up for grabs if she becomes a mage.

Adarins are very much a Slytherin. He's certainly very suited for Ravenclaw intellect wise, but his priorities are less 'For SCIENCE!' and more 'For [x] ambitious goal!' His house is something of a toss up between Hufflepuff and Slytherin - he'd be happier in Hufflepuff, but he would do some really impressive things in Slytherin. It'd depend heavily on his backstory which he'd get, or if he'd get flung into Ravenclaw with all of the smart kids. Out of author interest, I would sort him into Slytherin, just for the fun of having an Adarin be associated with those people.

Zevi is actually a Gryffindor. To the point where the hat would take about two seconds to sort her.

So Adarin's the problem child, but no matter what he'd get a different house from his sister. They'd still hang out, though, and get super weird looks from people if he sorted Slytherin.

I've read the first book of the Dresden Files! I'm planning to read more, but I haven't had the attention span or the time to throw into reading more of them.
Aestrix

Postby cbhacking » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:32 pm

Even before I saw that Aestrix had replied, I was going to reply to Marri to say: Zevi is definitely Gryffindor. She's got the do-whatever-it-takes, likes-to-fight-but-not-generally-cruel (though not above occasionally bullying people a bit), and at least a little of the be-a-hero thing (specifically, in the that-thing-you-are-doing-is-not-OK-and-I-will-stop-you sense). There's also process of elimination; she doesn't give a damn for studies that I can see, her ambitions tend to be more along the lines of isolation-with-a-compatible-harem than anything, well, ambitious... and I don't see her much as the generally-friendly type nor the hard-worker type. She doesn't have a strong case of be-a-hero (that I've seen, at least; obviously Aestrix is the final authority on this), but Gryffindor suits her much better than any of the others.
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

Postby Aestrix » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Zevi is suited for heroics when people she cares about are there to be saved, otherwise, she is not particularly inclined to be heroic, you are correct. <3
Aestrix

Postby Bluelantern » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:36 am

I suppose that you would deal with the adoption by making muggle Veron marry the twins pureblood mother? or Veron might be a wizard?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Aestrix » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:23 am

Veron wouldn't be a wizard - I'd make Nereus a pureblood, and Aliya a muggle. The muggle world would take away her kids due to bad treatment, and Veron would adopt them both. I think I'd make Veron a squib, just for fun.
Aestrix

Postby Bluelantern » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:06 am

I am probably influenced by HPMoR, but wouldnt the wizard government take the kids to a pureblood family? Also, I usually assumed that Aliya was the one that gave the whatever supernatural status the twins had.

I am not sure which would be more amusing, a regular or male Zevi, a male one seems to have more opportunities to make lewd jokes in the HPverse
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

PreviousNext

Return to Creations