Aestrix Ramblings and Q & A

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Aestrix Q & A

Postby Aestrix » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:11 am

I don't have an actual equation for how Adarins do their math thing! I am decent at math, but not actually a math person. My method was to ballpark it for the original number with a general idea of how an Adarin's number scale would work. Max was the first to make me do math, that's why it took me so long to reply with it - I was dissecting his head to figure out how important things were to him, and then assigning numbers that scaled those feelings. Which is - basically, what traits do Adarins look for to catalog in their equation, how important are those to them, and how much does the person display them.

My job got a lot easier once there were multiple Adarins running around explaining their numbers, because half of them are the same, at least when dealing with Bells. Intellect, morality, how systematic a person is - those all stay the same when they're considering Bells, so my job's half done. Then, from there, I work in the ones that change and compare them to how they stack up against the other Adarins.

Basically, I am making it up as I go but I'm staying consistent with things previously done, so it's okay! :D
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:38 pm

So inspired by a similar question in Marri's thread about Emma and Jenny.

What would you "do" with a Adarin and Zev alts from an Aurum-like world?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Aestrix » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:03 pm

I have actually given extensive thought to this. I am glad you asked! Let me get my copious mental notes and plot bunnies for this subject.

First of all, they would have a Veron. A Veron who mated to their mother while both Adarin and Zev were children. This is an aspect of Verons that I haven't touched upon on screen yet - but he has the hots for their mom. Thus, mating. So he would swoosh in, fully expecting to turn her immediately and then run off into the sunset with her, and then looks at her kids and says, "Um. Well. I understand it is typical of my kind to just turn you off of the bat, but uh. You have kids. You would eat the kids when turned. This bothers me."

So! She wouldn't get turned right away. He would romance her while she's human, and breaking from Veron tradition - actually manages it. Adarin and Zevi would get informed about vampires from an early, early age, and eventually, Aliya gets turned and gets to be separated from her kids while she gets used to being a newborn. Veron spends this time period zipping between his mate and his mate's kids, and dads it up. By this point both the Adarin and the Zev consider him a father. Then, just as it's shaping up to be okay for Aliya to come back and see her kids - she dies. In some manner. Veron is naturally extremely miserable, but by this point he loves the twins unconditionally, so he keeps it reasonably together for their sake. Miserable, but still a good dad, because Verons are good dads.

Adarin and Zevi naturally get to make the choice when they get older over whether to vamp it up or not. Zevi's choice is incredibly obvious, she's all for it. Adarin is a bit more reserved about it, he is questioning the mate bond thing because it profoundly disturbs him (especially after seeing his dad be Forever Miserable after Aliya's death) and the concept of killing people to live is something he very violently does not want. He asks Veron if there's a solution to being a vampire that does not involve killing people. Veron is - dubious about this, but he humors his kid and tries vegetarianism. He thinks it's terrible, but Adarin is adorably optimistic about this and Veron's #1 priority in the world with his mate gone is his kids, so he sticks haphazardly to vegetarianism. Adarin waits until his dad has proven it's possible to live safely like that, and then eventually decides to vamp it up, too. Zevi waits until Adarin makes this decision to actually take the plunge, because she very much does not want to kill her brother or lose him permanently due to him dying and her being immortal. Veron's a bit - worried about taking care of two newborns at once, but he agrees.

They get turned (I can give specifics on how they act during the three days, to summarize - Zeviana screeches obscenities and Adarin starts composing long, detailed and thorough arguments for why Veron should kill him right this second.) and then work on being vampires. Adarin manages to scrape up a perfect record for No Murder, Zeviana tries for the most part but has occasional slip ups. Adarin's kind of bothered by his dad and his sister killing people. Zevi takes advantage of her newfound gorgeousness and starts romancing random hot women. She has a few slip ups with this, but manages to not kill them, for the most part. Adarin is weirded out by people being impressed with his pretty-ness, and would fling himself into investigation of witch magic, because he thinks he has something now that he's turned. Which, of course, it turns out that he does. I'm not entirely sure what it would be - shields is the obvious one, but the specifics I'm not sure about. He would certainly be a witch, though.

If a Bell is present in the Aurum-like world, Adarin would mate to her. It's possible that he would mate to someone else, as well, but it's likely it would take hundreds of years for him to find someone proper. Zevi's more likely to find a mate, and her mate would be extremely supportive of her rampant lesbianism. As in, she would help. And they would go galavanting off, to be rampant lesbians together.

Also, Adarin would start trying to find a way to subtly make the Volturi less horrific. And possibly get killed for it.
Aestrix

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:31 pm

A witch Adarin might simply end being made part of the Volturi, more likely than not, Zeviana and Veron would the ones that die :D

oh, wait, that is sad.

How about a Idania in the aurum-like world?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Aestrix » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Adarin would be a bit too disturbed by the constant killing of people to be okay with joining the Volturi. If he were a particularly useful witch - if, for example, he were better at protection than Renata - they might try to recruit him, but otherwise, he's not worth the trouble. If they do recruit him with lots and lots of Chelsea application, Zevi would be totally fine with going with him to be part of the guard, and would not die. Veron probably would, though.

An Idania would have an unspecified witch power that would be extremely great for experimentation. She would be very, very excited about it. She would experiment with it all the time, and think it is the best thing ever.

If she got turned, it would depend greatly on who turns her for how she would be able to handle delicious humans. If they were veggie vamps, she'd go with what they do and fight back the urge to murder people and manage it perfectly except if a singer showed up - she would kill aforementioned singer. If she were turned by a normal vampire, she would eat the humans presented to her, have a bit of a moral debate, and then eventually just go with eating people with the caveat that she picks out people that seem terrible. As in, when she's hungry she goes for a walk down a sketchy alleyway and waits for someone to try to mug her, and then eat them instead. If turned and abandoned by her sire, she would be extremely, terribly confused, probably kill someone accidentally, and then completely freak out and run off to the woods to eat deer until she is sure she won't eat anyone ever again.

Dietary habits aside, as a vampire she would be an eternal nomad. She wouldn't pick any fights with any vampires, and mostly just be a sightseer. Noticeably, she would interact with humans no matter her dietary habits, and make lots of friends, both human and vampire. She might be persuaded to join the Volturi if her witch power is sufficiently useful, and would be a sort of - satellite Volturi, constantly wanting to be on the move but always being available if they need her. If she mates, it is overwhelmingly likely that she'll mate to a human. She'll realize this really, really quickly, have a quick freakout, and then go romance them and gently induct them into the world of vampires.

Interesting trivia - I once had a RP where Idania was a vampire and did the twilight vampire mating thing to someone who was a vampire slayer. She found the irony morbidly hilarious. Idania managed to win his heart by being non-murderous. He then had to pretend to be a psychopath and that he was torturing her in his basement when they were nearly caught by the other vampire slayers. They waited a few days, then ran away into the woods together, where he was grievously injured by A Fantasy Creature, and she had to emergency turn him. Once turned, he made it his mission to help her be able to indulge her love of science, and they went gallivanting off into the sunset. It was very cute.
Aestrix

Postby Kappa » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:17 am

Aestrix ilu ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Idania ~<3

Have you considered templating them to... Elcenia?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Aestrix » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 pm

I haven't, actually, but off of the top of my head...

Adarin would be a pretty powerful wizard. Idania would be a witch. I'm not sure what Zevi would be, probably some kind of police officer or security guard.
Aestrix

Postby Alicorn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 pm

For some reason I find Incandescence Elcenia more tempting than Effulgence Elcenia. (Though Effulgence Barashi is totally on the table for Eventually Maybe.)
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Lambda » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Isatei is probably overpowered for Incandescence yet, but maybe Effulgence can take it in.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

PreviousNext

Return to Creations