Aestrix Ramblings and Q & A

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Aestrix Q & A

Postby Aestrix » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Hee.

Well, interestingly enough the acolyte version of her is kind of strange in comparison to non-acolyte versions. Idanias are plagued with an intense curiosity of the world around them - they want to know things, they want to meet people that know things, and they want to do cool things and show off those things to people. In Doors, this means that as an acolyte of Rae she gets basically everything she wants in life - she can travel anywhere really easily via flight, she can meet and talk to people, and she can already do a cool thing that no one else can do via acolytehood. Actually, Rae has kind of accidentally inhibited her potential by making her an acolyte - if given no resources to work with she will get into some sort of technology sciencey thing and make some cool breakthroughs because she's actually quite smart. She just doesn't channel the intellect to useful directions on her own, she will do helpful things if they are in front of her, but won't actively search out things to fix. She's quick to forgive people for terrible things they did if and only if they did not actively harm her. She would get along just fine with morally questionable characters as long as they did not do morally questionable things to her or the people she knows. At the same time, though, if they do actively hurt her or certain people she cares about, she is incredibly vindictive and kind of petty. Also not very merciful.

Her default is traveling alchemist or inventor, in settings where those make sense. If thrown into Earth she would take up some sort of job in science or technology, something cutting edge and experimental, depending on the circumstances and the time period. She tends not to stay in places for more than a year or two, unless there's someone keeping her there - a lover, usually. She will leave places even if she's got best friends there because rampant curiosity. Rae's not her lover (they have a purely platonic relationship) but he effectively fits the slot, so she has a permanent home in his desert.

She's a fantastic storyteller and a really good liar. Occasionally she combines these to make up a story on the spot and tell it to friends or a crowd, but she doesn't tend towards lying through her teeth, it's just a thing she happens to be good at. It's something that she'll do if it seems necessary, though, and she thinks fast enough on her feet to come up with some good lies. She tends not to be intimidated by things that are bigger and scarier than she is - she has self-preservation instincts and will follow them, but if she's not in danger she will treat a god or something like she does everyone else. As in, "Hey, do you want to play a board game?" It's that exact quality that let her befriend Rae so thoroughly.

If you'd like me to peg her alignment in D&D terms, she's chaotic neutral, leaning towards chaotic good but not enough commitment to make it.
Last edited by Aestrix on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Cool!
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Aestrix » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Thanks! She was my go-to RP character for a while, because she fits just about anywhere and is delightfully snarky. Bit of trivia - in those RPs she tended to end up married/long term relationshipping it up with a specific template that knocks her into neutral good territory by virtue of him wanting to do specific good-oriented goals. A Bell or Adarin paired with her would probably have a similar effect, though I don't really see either pairing happening, Idania's too much fun on her own.
Aestrix

Postby Anya » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:17 pm

She's adorable.
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Aestrix » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Thank you! She will probably end up being more common when I start getting bored of throwing Adarins at things. Lynns, too, they're fun.
Aestrix

Postby Marri » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:13 am

Cool, thanks :) She was just in between various Adarins in the spreadsheet and had a similar-ish name, so I started on "I didn't think she was an Adarin, did I miss something?"
Marri

Postby Aestrix » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:56 pm

The spreadsheet's organization isn't my doing, I occasionally go and fix things that are wrong with it but otherwise I have a very hands-off kind of system with it. If anything about Aestrix characters looks strange on it, feel free to ask me and I will clarify/go correct it if it's wrong. I fixed several nicknames and the order in which Zevs and Adarins are born (Zevs are always firstborn), along will adding full names and such. So don't take what it says as fact without making sure, there have been mistakes on it before <3

(I keep my own spreadsheets that are 100% correct, but there are spoilers there so they are not for public consumption. Sorry.)
Aestrix

Postby Marri » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Is Zane's nickname-within-the-Incandescence-peal really 'Lucy'...? The rest make sense to me, maybe I missed something.
Marri

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:21 pm

It's short for something :)
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Aestrix » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Zevs will be responsible for nicknaming each other, because they won't have any idea how to nickname themselves. They like to pick funny things. Lucy's nickname will make perfect sense when it comes up.
Aestrix

PreviousNext

Return to Creations