Aestrix Ramblings and Q & A

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Aestrix Q & A

Postby Rayketh » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Is the dragons one where the characters in "Effulgence pups and some dragons" come from? I was very intrigued by that world. The universe needs more dragons imho.
Rayketh

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Aestrix » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Yup! That's the one.

I agree completely, everything can be made better with added dragons. Even if the dragons are evil and psychotic. The world is just better if they're there. *hides death statistics after murderous dragons are added* (Shhhh.)
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:50 am

<3333333333333333

I think Dragons World should make an appearance in Incandescence or Pixiethreads somehow or other. That is what I think. :D
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby modrony » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:48 am

Magitech sounds interesting
modrony

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:45 pm

I haven't read all of Adarin and Amariah's threads (I am like in the third one, after they meet her parents) so I am sorry if this is something that comes up later, but...

....Why Adarin doesn't properly punishes the woman that touched his daemon?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Lambda » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Adarin is generally opposed to violence.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Aestrix » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:01 pm

More information about magitech (for modrony <3) - the reason why there's not a lot of things that are used and then tossed away, is that while the characteristics are moved, they're still stuck to the thing they came from. So to use my earlier example of heat to leaves, the leaves contain the heat and are naturally hot now, but if the fire that the heat came from goes out, the leaves stop being hot. Because of this there's still a lot of fuel being used - coal's plentiful, especially because they have gone mostly underground due to winter. Mining out their underground home's pretty straightforward, because they transfer the rock's strength to something else, and then just dig through the now really soft rock easily. They have also transferred a good amount of underground geological pressure to other things - elevators, jetpack-like contraptions, supports to hold up their walls, so on. There's a movement to figure out how to fix the perma-winter, but they're doing so well underground that most of the population thinks it's a waste of effort. They have lots of airvents, transfer the translucence of glass to the rock above them (a loooong and annoying process, they need lots of glass) so they can have large farms, and so on. Hilariously enough, they have also transferred part of the sun's light to rocks to light up their farms, which hasn't really helped with the perma-winter thing.

Yup, Adarins are very non-violent people, especially when it comes to self defense. They tend to treat themselves as punching bags/resources to be used, so if other people punch them it stings less and they don't feel a huge need to do terrible things in return. They will work to make sure that the terrible things don't happen again, but they tend to think vengeance is pointless. Vengeance alone gets them nothing, they lose resources to get it, and in the giant math problem that is an Adarin's head, that makes absolutely no sense at all. They're capable of violence and even casual murder (and with any type of magic are exceptionally good at it), but it takes more than just beating the Adarin up to do it.
Aestrix

Postby Marri » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Is Idania an Adarin?
Marri

Postby Aestrix » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:14 pm

She is not! Idania is another template entirely. I can tell you more about the template, if you'd like. :)
Last edited by Aestrix on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aestrix

Postby Kappa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Yessssssssssss
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

PreviousNext

Return to Creations