Glowfic in Audio Format

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Glowfic in Audio Format

Postby Moriwen » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Ditto lintamande.
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Aestrix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:26 pm

I'd be willing to voice act too, I've even done it before for work.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 pm

BlueSkySprite wrote:It might be better to start with some complete sandboxes if there were to be voice acting, so that if it turns out to be too time/effort/etc. consuming, there will still be something done. I am willing to voice some things if that happens, but I am in a kind of echoey dorm room and don't know whether I'd be able to find somewhere better.

It looks like your files are about 12 MB, but there are a lot of them. I think SoundCloud offers a pretty large amount of storage space?

It appear to have a 3 hour limit total. Which is surprising. That is not even a reasonable podcast limit? (I am having trouble navigating the site)
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:00 pm

This makes four people so far willing to attempt voice acting, two of whom at least have nonzero experience (unfortunately not me) and one of whom (me) has nonzero audio editing experience. That’s enough to try a sandbox. Unless an admin beats me to it by splitting this thread, I’ll make a thread for this when I get a chance in a few hours.

It’s a good thing for this project that glowfic generally doesn’t have Bechdel test problems, because so far I’m the only male voice actor and I do not yet have practice with doing multiple voices. It’s a good thing for other reasons too, of course, but those don’t affect this as much.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:03 pm

I have nonzero oratorical experience, just not voice acting in particular.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Throne3d » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:18 pm

My permission is approximately the same as lintamande's, however I'd appreciate being notified of things if people start new projects (I know Faceless is doing this, but if, e.g., someone decided to translate some of my threads into French, I'd be curious and would want to know).
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Kappa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:19 pm

I have done dramatic readings of glowfic before and wouldn't mind trying something except that I'm real bad at, like, successfully accomplishing any kind of task. But if somebody sat me down with a recording device and said "read this short-to-medium-length sandbox" I'd do it.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:47 pm

If you guys end up doing some audiobook/voice-acting work could you adapt Luminosity First?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Aestrix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:52 pm

I wouldn't mind reading Luminosity, though recording the entire thing would take A Length Of Time, and I'd probably need reminders to keep at a project so long and intimidating. What do other potential voice actors want to do, do we want to see how viable it is to have different people play different parts, or?
Aestrix

Postby Alicorn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:55 pm

I talk too quickly and indistinctly to be a good voice actress but encourage anyone voicing my characters to talk to me about what confusing lines mean or whatever. I could slow down long enough for very short cameo-y bits I guess.
Alicorn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea