Glowfic in Audio Format

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Glowfic in Audio Format

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi! The modern world of ours we often find ourselves with too little time to do the things we want. This is even truer when the things we want are impossible dreams like "keep up with Alicorn's tag rate", unless we multitask!

For the past few months I have been using a bit of "computer magic" that Throne3d gave to me to convert the glowfic constellation into plain text form imputing that into this site http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/ and then uploading it to my GDrive. I am willing to share these files and got permission for this from several authors.

I created this thread because I want to:
  • Get more written permission from other authors to share (plus their exact conditions for sharing if any).
  • Receive suggestions about where I can host the files, because they are eating up my storage space pretty fast >_>. I'm vaguely considering some podcasting host service but I know nothing about them.
  • Have a centralized place for the relevant announcements.
  • General suggestions on how to improve and streamline the process. For all I know the site I'm using to convert the files is sub-optimal or something.

Links:
Glowfic - the authorized content.
Confirmed Authors Document
Last edited by Bluelantern on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Re: Glowfic in Audio Format

Postby Timepoof » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Ooooooh. You can share my stuff except that one first sandbox which was absolutely terrible. Also can I please have... like... all of them?
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:46 pm

I don't mind my stuff being converted to audio. If anyone knows of a way to make the thing pronounce my characters' names correctly I'll totally give that a try too.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Alicorn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Kappa's answer goes for me too.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Timepoof wrote:Ooooooh. You can share my stuff except that one first sandbox which was absolutely terrible. Also can I please have... like... all of them?

Which one? The site is down and I can't look.

Kappa wrote:I don't mind my stuff being converted to audio. If anyone knows of a way to make the thing pronounce my characters' names correctly I'll totally give that a try too.

Yeah, pronounciation can get quite terrible, but I am not sure how to fix it in a sufficiently automated manner. >_>
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:40 pm

I know some stuff has a way to list the pronunciation of words but I don’t remember which system that was.

Alternately, a much less automated and much highdr-delay option is to have humans do the recording. I would be willing to record some chsracters for this and do some editing, but not manage the whole thing. This should probably start with a relatively complete and static continuity like Incandescence if anybody else is also interested.

I thought of doing this for Elcenia earlier but I do not want to figure out how to do vampire yet.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby lintamande » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:51 pm

All my glowfic can be freely converted to audio, translated, distributed in different formats, etc etc w/ permission of the co-author.
lintamande

Postby BlueSkySprite » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:06 pm

It might be better to start with some complete sandboxes if there were to be voice acting, so that if it turns out to be too time/effort/etc. consuming, there will still be something done. I am willing to voice some things if that happens, but I am in a kind of echoey dorm room and don't know whether I'd be able to find somewhere better.

It looks like your files are about 12 MB, but there are a lot of them. I think SoundCloud offers a pretty large amount of storage space?
BlueSkySprite

Postby RoboticLIN » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:56 pm

As I said in IRC the one time, here again for posterity's sake.

Feel free to adapt my things, just give credit where it's due. Won't be any issue really, just don't crop out the author's names on the comic strip :P
Aestrix is clearly the best person of all time, I worship the ground she walks on.
- Aestrix, upon adding her drawing to my avatar <3
RoboticLIN

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:10 pm

I am willing to try voice acting if that seems like a good idea.
MaggieoftheOwls

Next

Return to Miscellanea