Endbrats

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Endbrats

Postby Wizard of Woah! » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:08 am

So, I was reading through Worm (which I'm really enjoying, by the way), and I just got past Blasto's interlude. Good stuff, but it's a shame there doesn't seem to be any fanfic about the Morrigan. So me and another glowfic writer are planning on doing a thread about her and another Endbringer hybrid, created from a sample of Leviathan. And since Morrigan was created by combining Endbringer tissue with human cells, does anyone have any thought on what cape might synergise well with Leviathan?
Last edited by Wizard of Woah! on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard of Woah!

Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Endbrats

Postby pedromvilar » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 am

The other glowfic writer being me, I suggested Satyrical for shapeshifting purposes, since Levi is very inhuman.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:03 am

it's a shame there doesn't seem to be any fanfic about the Morrigan.

I KNOW, RIGHT??
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Wizard of Woah! » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:16 am

MaggieoftheOwls wrote:
I KNOW, RIGHT??

It's almost as if many fanfic writers are a bit preoccupied with Taylor, but that can't be true.
Wizard of Woah!

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 am

Morrigan has no hits on the Worm wiki, so I have no idea what they are.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:05 am

Morrigan is the creature Blasto attempted to make using endbringerstuff from the Simurgh and DNA from Myrddin. It was nonviable outside of its growth tube, which was demonstrated when Blasto was releasing stuff in the desperate hope that something, anything, would be able to defend him from the Slaughterhouse Nine.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Nemo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:28 pm

More importantly, it's ambiguous whether or not it would have worked if he hadn't been interrupted by someone marginally less crazy. So the thread doesn't have to contradict any canon setting details.

Is the Leviathan one also a Blasto creation? He specifically rejected Leviathan because he has to grow them in a vat of liquid.

Depending on what you want it to synergize for, I'm tempted to say Skitter. Leviathan is a macro-scale hydrokinetic, using tidal waves not high-pressure jets or whatever. Let the half-Leviathan control each drop individually and he gets a lot more effective.

Of capes who would come to the creator's attention in the first place (which probably rules out Satyrical; no one outside Vegas knows him), Iron Rain would be good for sheer terror. You're fighting mini-Leviathan, he's fast and tough and visibility's not great, and also the sky is falling. She's been dead for years but Blasto is an old enemy of E88. He'd at least know of her.

But I don't think Blasto was really going for any kind of effective combination. He didn't seem to put much thought into picking Myrddin for the Simurgh hybrid at all.
Nemo

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby pedromvilar » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 pm

He doesn't need to know of the cape given that the DNA base is Accord's.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby Wizard of Woah! » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Nemo wrote:More importantly, it's ambiguous whether or not it would have worked if he hadn't been interrupted by someone marginally less crazy. So the thread doesn't have to contradict any canon setting details.

And when has that ever gotten in the way of fanfiction? XD

Probably worth mentioning that the thread will probably be at least somewhat comedic.
Wizard of Woah!

Postby Nemo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Not that he couldn't clone a cape he hasn't previously heard of if he wanted to, he's just less likely to want to. Even seeing "Satyrical" in the database wouldn't make the connection. ("Genesis" might, but if she's even in there that wouldn't work.) Or did you mean he goes looking for capes who'd make it easier to pass as human?

In that case the best answer is Oliver, but no amount of research would tell him that one.
Nemo

Pronouns: he/him/his

Next

Return to Miscellanea