Daily Reports Chatter

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Daily Reports Chatter

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:04 pm

I think it's been at least a week since someone thanked you for doing the daily updates. Thanks! You are a Good Egg.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Re: Mini-notifications

Postby Adelene » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:01 pm

PlainDealingVillain wrote:I think it's been at least a week since someone thanked you for doing the daily updates. Thanks! You are a Good Egg.

^^
Utility Admin
Adelene

Pronouns: they

Postby ErinFlight » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 pm

I have just returned and your updates are making it so much easier to see what I missed.
Thanks so much! This is awesome.
ErinFlight

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Adelene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:57 pm

ErinFlight wrote:I have just returned and your updates are making it so much easier to see what I missed.

:D

That's actually a use case I'd like to optimize for a little more than I have been, if you have any suggestions.
Utility Admin
Adelene

Postby jalapeno_dude » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:11 am

Adelene wrote:That's actually a use case I'd like to optimize for a little more than I have been, if you have any suggestions.

Suggestion, then: it would be helpful to me if you distinguished between threads on DW and GC (by tagging them, via formatting, or by having two sections). The reason is that it's already super-easy for me to see what GC threads I haven't yet seen using this link (thanks again Marri!) but harder to do this with DW.
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby Adelene » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:36 am

jalapeno_dude wrote:
Adelene wrote:That's actually a use case I'd like to optimize for a little more than I have been, if you have any suggestions.

Suggestion, then: it would be helpful to me if you distinguished between threads on DW and GC (by tagging them, via formatting, or by having two sections). The reason is that it's already super-easy for me to see what GC threads I haven't yet seen using this link (thanks again Marri!) but harder to do this with DW.

I'd been considering doing that, actually, just hadn't come up with a way of doing it that wasn't going to be ugly or a pain or both. I've added a spoilerbox for just the DW stuff, which feels more like a compromise than a solution to me, but should work okay.
Utility Admin
Adelene

Postby ErinFlight » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:54 am

Adelene wrote:
ErinFlight wrote:I have just returned and your updates are making it so much easier to see what I missed.

That's actually a use case I'd like to optimize for a little more than I have been, if you have any suggestions.
'

Maybe posting recently finished threads in a new post or otherwise distinguishing them?
But I can't think of anything else, the way you do it is really easy to read and understand. I love how you're showing the authors.
ErinFlight

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Adelene » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:18 am

ErinFlight wrote:
Adelene wrote:

'

Maybe posting recently finished threads in a new post or otherwise distinguishing them?

If you look closely, those links have an additional yellow underline. It's pretty subtle, I can definitely make it more obvious if people're having trouble seeing it, but it's there. (Shelved threads got a grey underline, too, though I don't know that I'm going to be informed of those often enough to have that really be a thing.)

But I can't think of anything else, the way you do it is really easy to read and understand. I love how you're showing the authors.

<3
Utility Admin
Adelene

Postby Ezra » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:12 am

If I look closely on mobile, I see two underlines, but they're both the same color as the link.
Ezra

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Adelene » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:19 am

Huh.

If I do, say, this, what do you see?

(ETA: I'm going to split this thread later 'cause this is getting a bit out of hand but I'm busy at the moment.)
Utility Admin
Adelene

Next

Return to Miscellanea