Fun With Faces

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Fun With Faces

Postby Tamien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:04 am

I played around in MorphThing and got these, which I imagine people here may get a kick out of:

Androgynous... Dominique? (Bell+Joker), Androgynous Elspeth (Bell+Symmetric!Edward):
Image Image

Monochrome Kerron (Joker+Symmetric!Nathan), Slightly-less-monochrome Kerron ([Color!Joker+BW!Joker]+[Color!Symmetric!Nathan+BW!Symmetric!Nathan]):
Image Image
(Apparently Cary Elwes spent his entire youth without ever looking directly at the camera with his face unobstructed. I managed to find one halfway-decent color picture and one good B/W picture of him only slightly past his Princess Bride days. Blending the two worked surprisingly well.)

A face Bells would probably find really attractive (Symmetric!Joker+Symmetric!Tony/Sherlock+Symmetric!Edward):

If people are curious, I can do more, or you can easily do more on your own (but post the best ones here, I wanna see!) Also, if anyone knows anything that'll perform the same procedure but with higher-quality images, please let me know.
Last edited by Tamien on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Fun With Faces

Postby Kappa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:59 am

Hahahahaha awesome.

Approximately how sad is it that I think I recognize the specific source images you're using for Heath Ledger? XD

Also, what do you mean by "Symmetric!", exactly?
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Tamien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 am

I took the image, flipped it horizontally, and blended it with itself. The result is a symmetrized, more "ideal" version of the face, which is kinda how Alicorn described the Aurum Vampires (prettier due to more symmetric versions of their human faces), so that's how I'm fudging it to get "vampire" pictures :P

And it's not all that sad considering that there are sadly few pictures of him, and you've probably pored over all of them when facecasting :P
Tamien

Postby Tamien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:41 am

An update on the kids:

Throwing in Astrid Berges-Frisbey as a third parent on Elspeth, Anne Hathaway as a third parent on the Dominique, and Chris Hemsworth as a third parent on Kerron:
Image Image Image
Tamien

Postby AndaisQ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:47 am

aw man, this rocks

facemorphs are great, you're great
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Tamien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 am

Tony/Sherlock and Bell's pictures did NOT want to play nice together. I finally managed to make a Carinna, though!

Tony/Sherlock+Bell+Caroline Dhavernas:
Tamien

Postby Kappa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:15 am

Here is a spoiler baby:

I was going to morph in Charlie Hunnam, who will be the facecast for the spoiler baby, but I couldn't find a good picture of him.

Also here is an alternate Heath source image if you like. Link your source images so people can use them! :D

edit: And I tried to upload a Young RDJ but it's terrible. It is here. I advise against using it, on account of it is terrible.

edit2: Ooh, your images are links, you clever people. Hooray for more source images!
Kappa

Postby Tamien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:33 am

Ooooh spoilerbaby! I wonder who the other parent is...

Here is an album of source images I collected. I haven't actually used them all yet. One thing I've found is that combining a couple pictures of the same person tends to help even out any weird shadows/angles/makeup/expressions/etc, so I recommend doing that that.
Tamien

Postby Kappa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:36 am

...MorphThing seems to have taken a dislike to me. I keep trying to get an Aril (Michelle Trachtenberg + Bell + Joker), and it just ain't happening - the morph button does not work when I click it. Sads!

edit: Since I can't morph anything, I'll just come up with lots of source images for you people to play with.

Amanda Seyfried (Aedyt): One two - but something must have gone horribly wrong with at least one of them, because when I tried to morph them for evening-out purposes, this happened.
Kappa

Postby Tamien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:59 am

Hmm, did you take the time to prepare the images? The site normally has you do this during the upload process, but for some reason that's not working right now. After you upload, click on "My Images" and then hit "Re-Prepare" next to the image. Then it should bring you to a screen where you label a bunch of key points on the face that it uses to blend the images. After that morphing should work better? Although I don't know why your button doesn't work.

Behold! An androgynous Bell:

Now to see if I can make an Aril...
Last edited by Tamien on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tamien

Next

Return to Miscellanea