Make My Characters Talk To Each Other

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Make My Characters Talk To Each Other

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:53 pm

@Eva and Kappa:
Isabella and Minus
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:38 pm

@Eva and Aestrix:
Isabella and Twivamp!Revan
Isabella and Twivamp!Evette
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Alicorn:
Eve and Golden
Katie and Golden

because Golden is married to the child of an alt of Jamie.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Alicorn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:19 am

Katie: "Jamie married who?"

Golden: "I don't think it's ever been proposed that we get him back, so he can't have been particularly worthwhile."

Katie: "...get him back? Okay, explain that part, I need context."

-------

Eve: "Jamie married who instead of me?"

Golden: "Some guy? My biological father-in-law has never been a subject of interest. I think she had limited options in her era."

Eve: "Harrumph."
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:26 am

Alicorn/Kappa:
Same Golden with the relevant Jamies (is Katie's going by that yet?)
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Eva » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:00 am

Bluelantern wrote:@Eva and Aestrix:
Isabella and Twivamp!Revan
Isabella and Twivamp!Evette

Blair and Isabella
Blair: "... So I have a witch power that is kind of privacy invadey, I'm going to start working on an off switch now. Talk later when I have one?"

Isabella: "...How so, and are you reading my thoughts?"

Blair: "Nope, I get a magical thing that tells me some things you like and some of your major preferences though, and that one came up quickly."

(Blair's power goes: Private, vampire, practical, efficient, surgeon, healer, buried trauma, /different/ kind of vampire...)

Isabella: "... Do you have a range limit?"

Blair: "No, the more I talk to you the more I get, thus the off switch, may I...? I don't want to be an asshole."

Isabella looks over her shoulder and snaps her fingers, and one of her automatons promptly appears. She holds up a hand towards Blair, then quickly dashes off a note on the pad of paper her porcelain servant has produced.

Isabella: "Does note-passing like this give you information as well?"

Blair: "... Let's try it from different rooms, that should work fine. Can you put me in a room far far away without trouble? I have super senses."

Isabella gestures to the automaton, and it gently tugs on Blair's arm. Though it doesn't have any facial features, it nonetheless manages to convey 'earnest attention.'

Blair will allow himself to be led wherever the automaton sends him. (Unless it is straight into a pit of spikes.)

(Blair's power goes: Intelligent, competent, scholarly, odd sense of identity... And then he turns another corner and the link fades. His power is now going 'this robot is a person' at him.)

Blair: ".... I think I might be reading something through the automaton. If you can hear me."

(No response. Blair's power goes: Obedient, single-minded, devoted, not very bright, buried aggression, devoted, devoted, devoted, devoted, devoted...)

(Blair can tell if it's different people, is it Not Isabella?)

(It is Not Isabella.)

Blair: "But it's not the lady of the house, so. I guess everyone's going to be okay with it."

(Whoever Blair's power is detecting, they don't seem to be very complex: his power's run out of information to give him already.)

There is a room! It looks comfortable and non-deadly. Another automaton walks in with another message. "Is this range far enough?"

Blair: "Yes, it is."

Isabella, via Automatonagram: "Good, now we can have some kind of a conversation. Your powers are... Unusual. How exactly did you come by them? I hope I don't seem nosy, but... As you know, I like my privacy."

Blair: "No problem. I'm a different kind of vampire from you, my kind can get personality-based unique magic powers to certain individuals. There are vampires that have much more privacy-invadey powers than mine, you might want to steer clear of them if you can."

Isabella: "I have /intimate familiarity/ with vampires with more voyeuristic powers. My sire was one of them. My sire is now deceased. Extremely thoroughly deceased. Hopefully the reasons are obvious."

Blair: "My sire's thoroughly deceased, too. She and her mate made me kill five people. The reasons are _quite_ obvious to me."

Isabella: [strikethrough]You were lucky.[/strikethrough] "I understand completely. Is your vampiric society as thoroughly awful as mine?"

Blair: "From context, no. It's not a basket of rainbows, but - I don't think it's as bad. We have a stable government that has laws that make sense, even if it misses some key elements."

Isabella: "We have a government, but it is more of an ogliarchy than anything else. There is no rule of vampiric law. Sires are free to do whatsoever they wish with their childer. Your government at least seems less aggressively awful."

Blair: "... Yep. Mine are less aggressively awful. Well. My most obvious use is finding people, either people that other people care very much about or people that fit certain characteristics. Can I help?"

Isabella's next answer is significantly delayed. "Ask me this question again tomorrow."

Blair: "Okay."

(No next message is immediately forthcoming.)

Blair: "... Do you have any books that I could read?"

Isabella: "This automaton has instructions to guide you to one of my libraries."
(The automaton has the same insistently-attentive aura as the previous one did, but does not grab Blair's arm.)

Blair: "Thanks. Will they also keep me away from things you might not want me reading?"

Isabella: "I have a visitor's library."

Blair: "Aha. Thanks. Leaving you alone now."

((Both authors felt that any continuation from this point should be its own sandbox.))

Yvette and Isabella
Yvette: "So - wait, complete control over biology?"

Isabella: "Close enough. I'm not excellent at microstructure, but I can cure the symptoms of the vast majority of diseases, and I have particular talents at transplantation and grafting."

Yvette: "Wow. I have transmutation - I can copy materials and then remake them - my fine control's improved enormously, I can get incredibly complicated and fiddly, but I have a tiny transmutation area to work with."

Isabella: "...Interesting. Can you do organics? If your control is fine enough, we might complement each other quite well."

Isabella: "Can you do brain structure? I can repair gross damage, but I find synapses too complex and detailed to restore original function. If you could copy a section of a healthy person's brain..."

Yvette: "Yes, but I haven't messed with it because it's - well, very delicate, and I don't know what I'm doing well enough. _Yet_." *smile*

Isabella: "Yes, it's hardly something to rush into. But still, the general principle applies: you can make fine, delicate, complex structures, and I can implant them and ensure they aren't rejected."

Yvette: "Yes. I kind of want to laugh maniacally."

Isabella: "That would be unrefined... Though enjoyable."
Isabella rubs her chin. "... Shall we indulge?"

Yvette: "Yes."

Both: *Maniacal laughter!*
Eva

Postby DanielH » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:29 pm

Is there a version of Lorica available who knows that the Suddenly Superpowers came from an existential threat far worse than S-class? If so, I would like that version of her and Flicker to talk. If not, then can I re-ask when one becomes available?
DanielH

Postby Alicorn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 am

Lorica does not know the Scion Thing in any extant continuity and I can't reasonably extrapolate her yea far, sorry.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Okay, then, in a similar vein:
Angela and Mehitabel
Eve and Mehitabel

We already had Eve and Angela twice (once post-pealing and once pre-). I expect the Mehitabel and Angela conversation will probably go better since she has more evidence and answers to theodicy.
DanielH

Postby Alicorn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Angela: "I used to believe there was a god watching over everything, making sure it was all taken care of."

Mehitabel: "I, well - here. I wrote this book."

Angela: *reads it* "Fair enough. I don't think mine has any such excuses."

Mehitabel: "Oh, I understand, but it's not conceptually impossible or anything."

-----

Mehitabel: "You haven't heard from him in how long? Wow, it must be expensive to talk to you."

Eve: "My theory is he's busy with other worlds. We know there are at least two."

Mehitabel: "Yeah, I guess that would do it if he bit off more than he could chew by a greater margin."
Alicorn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea