Songs for Characters

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Songs for Characters

Postby Marri » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:27 pm

So there was a thing we used to do on my old roleplay forum, where we would try to find songs that were somehow emblematic of our character(s), mostly for giggles. And my boyfriend had left the football game on while I was eating dinner and one of the commercials was set to Hot Blooded by Foreigner, and I had a "hahahaha this is so a Zevi song" moment. So, now I present the concept to the group, so we can all come up with theme songs together! Who has ideas? :)
Marri

Re: Songs for Characters

Postby Aestrix » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Lynn's lyriced song of choice is, All that I'm living for by Evanescence.

I went on a mad quest for Idania's theme song, once, and I actually managed to pull off. Shadows, by Lindsey Sterling. It's especially ironic if you know her past in RP settings - her usual love interest was often represented by shadow.

And, for the sake of hilarity, if either of the twin's parents were evil genius supervillains: Skullcrusher Mountain by Jonathan Coulton. It's addressed to the other parent, who is assumingly not a supervillain.
Last edited by Aestrix on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Marri » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Mwahaha Jonathan Coulton <3

Emma in later, less parental-attached stages is Mama's Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert (song or lyrics)
Marri

Postby Tamien » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:02 pm

I think I mentioned in another thread a while back that my song for Harley is Conjure One's Center of the Sun, but no other characters have associated themselves with songs to me so far.
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:08 am

Do You Want To Fight Me? is exactly as Zev-appropriate as you'd guess from the title.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby anthusiasm » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Eee! This is among my favorite things to do!

I regularly listen to Queen songs and think about Jokers, especially We Will Rock You, Don't Stop Me Now, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Killer Queen is a Libby song though). The lyrics of Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise by The Avett Brothers make me think of Jokers, but musically, it's a bit twee and folky for me to feel comfortable labeling it a Joker song.

The song Dreams by The Twilight Hours reminds me of Aether, but I have yet to find a song that accurately represents Essence of Bell. I'm having this same problem with Adarins. More research is necessary!

Most songs by the Dixie Chicks are Zev songs, particularly Cowboy Take Me Away (works better if you imagine the cowboy represents courage or perseverance or stubbornness or something) and Not Ready To Make Nice.

(Annd my embedded links are refusing to work today! Here's the one for Dreams because it was hard to find, the rest are easily google-able! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK5G-8pyGDk)
Last edited by anthusiasm on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anthusiasm

Postby anthusiasm » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:44 pm

(Also I'm looking for Jenny/Emma/Alli songs, but it's harder because I have not consumed Massive Amounts of Content related to them).
anthusiasm

Postby Marri » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:06 pm

anthusiasum wrote:(Also I'm looking for Jenny/Emma/Alli songs, but it's harder because I have not consumed Massive Amounts of Content related to them).

Working on it :D
Marri

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:01 am

I am certain that I have listened to something that fits Alli, but can't actually recall. I probably will... look at Glee and see what Santanna has sung.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Marri » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 pm

I found a song I like for Alli xD When I Grow Up by PCD
Marri

Next

Return to Miscellanea