Sandboxing Prompts

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Sandboxing Prompts

Postby ErinFlight » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:52 am

-Character discovers a door to milliways during a disaster (housefire, earthquake, bombing, hurricane) and will immediately be in grave danger the second they leave milliways.
-Character finds milliways, and follows another character back to their world, not realizing they'd be stuck.

Slightly more specific prompts:
-Otherwise normal character finds they have a magical ability that only takes effect once they leave their birth world.
Ex: They can travel to worlds they've visited before but not move locations within worlds, they can transform into any non-human sentient creature they touch, their amazing natural ability to pick up languages extends to any method of communication including telepathy, their world has a natural magic blocking effect and they discoverer their magical abilities.
-A character meets their double in Milliways while another author's character is present (such as a pealed bell who can help explain what's going on)
-A character from an extremely conservative/controlling world leaves and for the first time discovers not everyone believes the same things
Ex: Being gay, being transgender or gender neutral, discovering not every world has regular, random human sacrifices, discovering worlds exist where the pursuit of knowledge is encouraged, discovering not every world judges individual worth by height and closeness to the sun god which gives all life, relationships and love are allowed, discovering people with disabilities and diseases are not immediately killed...
ErinFlight

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Alicorn » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:13 am

I sandboxed the clones one one time. I could potentially develop almost any of the others, but @fuckno is too much of a one-trick, uh, pony, and @hearts-and-hooves just isn't terribly interesting as a person.

No box sets of fairies yet.

Putting pealed Bells in sandboxes is kind of hazardous.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Unbitwise » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Random idea: Demon Cam is, even more improbably, not just accidentally summoned but accidentally bound. Hijinks instead of infodumps ensue.
Unbitwise

Pronouns: he (or they or whatever)

Postby Alicorn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:27 pm

I've considered this but have not yet encountered scenarios where it would be the most fun.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Well, it is halloween season, so something properly themed? Since someone brought up Demon Cam, maybe he is summoned during a halloween party? Which now that I think about it, is the most likely situation for someone to be accidentally summon a demon...
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby rockeye_stonetoe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm

...I kinda want to do Potterverse/Demon Cam now.
rockeye_stonetoe

Pronouns: He

Postby Alicorn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Come up with a Potterverse character and order up a Cam and he's all yours. Although I should probably start a new tree post.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:43 pm

A new tree post looks like a good idea; I noticed that too.

The thing about accidental bindings is that they don’t need to make sense for real bindings. You can probably accidentally bind demons to not eat anything, for example.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Now, I want to do something halloween related, but not sure why. Anyone up to a monster party in Milliways?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Ezra » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm

I wouldn't carry half a thread, but I could drop an aranea in on somebody else's monster party.
Ezra

Pronouns: he/him/his

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea