Sandboxing Prompts

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Sandboxing Prompts

Postby Anya » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:45 pm

I also did a thing! http://empty-spaces.dreamwidth.org

Everyone is welcome. Also feel free to ask me questions about Mal.
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Alicorn » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Anya, that's a drop-in box? One may throw anybody at you? How are you to be tagged?
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Anya » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Yup! Is there a normal way to indicate that in the post?

samantha.michele.snow@gmail.com is my gchat. :)

(I haven't actually done this sort of rping before, so forgive my ignorance of the basics.)
Anya

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:18 pm

So I thought about a Deity version of OC and I sooooo want to play her in a sandbox (she is so Perky and Fun!) >.>

So anyone is up to meet a Goddess that is super-perky with a domain filled with gentle rivers, museums, parks, theaters, circus and cassinos? I honestly don't have much of any plot, but I looooove the idea xD

edit: I am never sure if it is polite to directly PM people in this forum about ideas.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Anya » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:51 pm

I will be putting up an intro post, later tonight, for a new Mal in a setting that I hope doesn't need all that much explaining on my part. It's pretty much just girl!Aladdin pre-movie. I also have a AU!Genie to throw in there with her if that's how it goes.

Aliyah, the Mal, can be found at sneak-thief.dreamwidth.org

gchat is samantha.michele.snow. So message me maybe?
Anya

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 pm

...So I want to know

What exactly RPing with the each glowfic author¹ would consist of? Like... how much preparation is required? Preferences on how long to RP? If they prefer to receiving suggestions with more or less outlines? more or less worldbuilding? What kinds of ideas interest them and which one are automatic no? Pet peeves?

I generally trying to figure out what to expect before asking people around to avoid wasting time >_>

¹Mainly directed at: Aestrix, Andaisq, Marri and Kappa >_>
Last edited by Bluelantern on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:31 pm

Skip me, Bluelantern.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:35 pm

I liked the Vampires In Milliways thread. How about other things like that? Dragons in Milliways (Elcenian, Chroniclean, Thilanushinyellen, the kind of dragon here, others?), witches in Milliways (Chroniclean (regular and fire), Aurumen (there’s got to be a better way to say “of or relating to Aurum”), Sunny, Cloud-pine, etc), etc.

There don’t seem to be enough kinds of angel or demon to make those interesting, and probably not for fairy either (although Standard-Backstory Ari Summons Somebody could be good for other reasons).
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Anya » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:46 am

I have a fairy scion (fairy/human) character, but haven't taken her out of the box yet. She's a Dresden Files native so it probably doesn't count?
Anya

Postby Alicorn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:40 am

The vampires one had Dresden Files 'verse characters.

There are several kinds of angel - daeva, Samarian, and Alethian (though there are no characters of this sort), at minimum; Lailah is also supposed to be an angel, but that world's not developed yet; Skin Deep worlds have them by default although I think we may have implicitly aestheticsed them out of Superluminal.

Loads of kinds of fairies. Daeva, Chronicle, Materian, the ones in HP 'verses aren't sapient but do exist, Katie is ostensibly a faerie, Equestria has fairylike thingies, Oz is a "fairy country" with a "fairy princess" but she is not very fairyish so maybe she doesn't count, Visitor, Mira's fairy godmother, Elcenia.

Demons: Thilanushinyel, any of the Sunshine grab bag, same deal as angels for Skin Deep worlds, daeva.

Those are just the ones that I remember while skimming Roll Call for a worldlist; presumably Dresden &c have examples of things. I'm up for doing more Milliways Acquires Box Set Of Thing.
Alicorn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea