Sandboxing Prompts

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Sandboxing Prompts

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:16 am

You are only interested in running Bells? How about (as an example) Alice or Carlisle?

After finishing Worm, I got interested seeing them interact with other worlds, but I am not sure how you are going to make story Cape roll compared to canon. In particular I would like to see the interaction between Dragon (from Worm) and Elcenia.

I think that Aurum, Medalion, Nexus, Gemini and Cape interactions could be interesting (meaning, picking any two of these). Gemini and Cape the sort-of-superhero and full-superhero that could lead to interesting contrasts/talks. Aurum, Gemini and Cape have the recent-fallen-masquerade in common. Aurum and Medalion have wildly different magics. It would be fun to watch the Nexus' characters reacting to the alternate pasts of the other settings.

Would you RP a Golden-less Aurum for a Demon Cam to be summoned to? I am vaguely amused by the idea of the Volturi being crushed by Daeva magic.

How about Conduit summoning Demon can (or maybe Rush, by accidentally making a giant circle while running)?

Also, suggestion for easy Cape-related sandboxings: The Simurgh, Labyrinth, Haywire or another villain creates a door between two worlds. Our Heroes either go through it or are shoved through and have to investigate the other side. I would love the PRT trying to classify characters from other worlds, specially magical ones, and specially want to see their faces when a Daeva shows theirs abilities.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:06 am

I'm interested in running non-Bells. All my characters are available in some capacity if people think of interesting things to do with them. Bells are just my go-to and it occurred to me that people didn't know which ones might be divorced from their purple or blue contexts.

Dragon's going to be green. Actually, most or all of your suggestions would require my standard coauthors or self-threading, and not having enough sandbox ideas isn't a big deal for people who have their own repertoires of characters and know each other's fairly well, and not having enough to do if I find myself with solo writing energy really isn't a problem I have. This thread is hopefully mostly useful for bringing others out of the woodwork to try things.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 pm

I want to come out of the woodwork and try things, but don’t have any characters. I’ve come up with skeletons for a pair of characters which, at least at first, would always go together and are fairly portable; however, I don’t have ideas for other characters or any idea how to flesh out my existing pair.

Does anybody have any pointers? Should I create a new thread asking this question?

EDIT: Aurum could also summon Traumadana, Angel!Tony, Demon!Zane, or any other daeva played by anybody (even new people); it doesn’t have to be Cam.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:14 pm

If you start a thread wondering how to flesh out characters, I can try to lend a hand...
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:23 pm

I created a general character workshop but it didn't tale off viewtopic.php?f=12&t=170
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Kappa » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Lack of specificity, I think. "This is a thread about X" with no further detail only works well if a lot of people have things they already want to say about X.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DanielH » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:25 pm

I’ll still try to revive that thread, later today when I have more time to write up my thoughts.
DanielH

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:31 pm

DanielH wrote:I want to come out of the woodwork and try things, but don’t have any characters. I’ve come up with skeletons for a pair of characters which, at least at first, would always go together and are fairly portable; however, I don’t have ideas for other characters or any idea how to flesh out my existing pair.

Does anybody have any pointers? Should I create a new thread asking this question?

EDIT: Aurum could also summon Traumadana, Angel!Tony, Demon!Zane, or any other daeva played by anybody (even new people); it doesn’t have to be Cam.

Kappa wrote:Lack of specificity, I think. "This is a thread about X" with no further detail only works well if a lot of people have things they already want to say about X.

DanielH wrote:I’ll still try to revive that thread, later today when I have more time to write up my thoughts.

Yay! I will try to answer when you post. I likely should post something myself, since I do need help with my characters as well.

I really think that Daevinity is overdue having an proper Fairy PC, I can sort of get why it didn't happen, but still.

EDIT: Also, Dragon is Green (no pun intended, I guess). I don't know why I find this surprising.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Aestrix » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 pm

We are super overdue on having a proper fairy PC, but none of our characters are purposely summoning one! Alas.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:45 pm

And even if you(r characters) had decided on one for testing the summoning mechanisms in the Resplendence Vorkosigan sandbox, I expect they’d be equivalent to Xilandricar instead of a main character.
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea