Sandboxing Prompts

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Sandboxing Prompts

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:33 am

I'm skeptical of the plausibility of the premise "they fail to save the world"
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:05 pm

How many times has the cycle happened? The only reason I expect it to work is that they are glowfic protagonistss. And what if Cor had arrived a year less a day later?

This could be a sandbox or canon for Silmaril: Delight and Sigyn take a century-long vacation in $setting (Kingdoms of Night and Day, Nexus, Threefold, or other Kappa settings are obviously easier to coordinate)
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 pm

The cycle has happened at least a few thousand times, but it's not just "these are glowfic protagonists"; by himself, Riale has all of the tools necessary to save the world except "a wielder for the Blade of the Void", and even that he could potentially have found given the whole year to do it in.

The thing that unlocks world-saving as a possibility is putting perfect images of all the spirits in the book, which incidentally also frees them from their chains. Then you need the Book of Creation and the Blade of the Void and their respective wielders to come together and do a live update on the world to end the cycle and preserve it forever while making whatever changes to it they prefer.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DanielH » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Ooh, nifty. Is that last bit a one-time thing? Although that still requires some being-the-protagonist to do the parts that don’t require the Blade of the Void, because literally nobody has managed even a fraction of that before in thousands of attempts.

If you get only some perfect spirit images, are they permanently free of their chains or do they reacquire them by the end of the next world? If it’s the first one, does the same creator need to do it for all of them, or can nine different creators each free one spirit and then you just need a Blade wielder next time?
DanielH

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:41 pm

I mean, 'being the protagonist' only in the sense that I wouldn't have arranged the story this way if he were bound to fail at the task. He's a Miles. There is realistically no chance he won't have all nine spirits freed by the end of the year. So it would take some serious upfuckery for him and Cor to fail.

Re: the spoilered question: Undecided, and I'm having a hard time making a decision. But if it were the case that freed spirits stayed free, you would indeed not need the same creator to do all of them.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DanielH » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:58 pm

I suppose it’s reverse causation; he is the protagonist because he is better/more interesting/more competent than one in several thousand.
DanielH

Postby pedromvilar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 pm

So if you aren't following Mori and/or the #glowfic tumblr tag, glowfic challenges! I'm particularly intrigued by the two last ones and I'd love to thread them with anyone, especially if it's someone I haven't threaded with before.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:35 am

Those are neat and are tempting me to dip my toe into the waters of glowfic, although my lack of established characters and templates would make some of those prompts infeasible and others somewhat less interesting.
Snark

Pronouns: Whichever

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:05 am

Second-to-last one should be pretty broadly doable though.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby DanielH » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:55 am

Yeah, I was thinking that I could probably do either side of that actually. I probably would if I didn’t have too much else on my plate at the moment. If people are still interested in doing it in a month or two I might actually try it.
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea