Sandboxing Prompts

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Sandboxing Prompts

Postby Alicorn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:21 am

So a while ago I put up a call for sandboxing. It produced exactly zero sandboxing. I'm not sure of all the reasons why that might be, but I think one problem might be that people consult themselves for ideas and have none. So let's talk sandboxing ideas. What would it be fun to see people throw at me?

Here's a couple examples off the top of my head:

- Somebody's character shows up at the Belltower and chats with Jane, out of Effulgence continuity.

- Somebody's character shows up instead of Rhysel in response to that summoning spell and we see their initial reaction to Elcenia.

You could also suggest values for "somebody's character" here, since this is a pretty ficcy environment we're working in and some people don't fluently generate original characters anyway.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Re: Sandboxing Prompts

Postby Aestrix » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:03 am

An idea I thought of was having Chelsea react to a person who's only partially immune to her - not by way of any protection powers or something like what Elspeth has, but something like a character who sees and talks to ghosts. If this incarnation Chelsea can't affect relationships with dead people - this could become an interesting RP with people that everyone mysteriously stopped caring about, then died with equal mysteriousness. Except for the one person that can tell what's going on, but only after it's been done. It's a bit dark, but it could be interesting to see.

I like just about any initial reaction stuff, especially with normally confident characters thrown out of their element - so summoning to Elcenia's a cool idea. Milliways is always an option, though that could easily become a bit stale if used incorrectly.

On a separate note, I'll answer the call to sandboxing. I couldn't due to a mix of workload and shyness earlier, but since I've finished my large-scale project last night and no one else answered, it seems like the kind of thing to do. How would you like to be contacted? I've got a few Dreamwidth accounts, along with a Tvtropes account, this account, and of course gmail. I'm not sure what you'd prefer - I'm not very picky.
Aestrix

Postby Alicorn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 am

I prefer to discuss RPs (and say "tag!") via IM. Gtalk is fine; I'm elcenia at gmail.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Shoal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 am

I am interested, but I don't really know how, or have any ideas, and lately I'm having a lot of aphasia, but I think at a later date when I can string words together more coherently and reliably I would like to participate if the offer is still open at that time.

Right now, I can get as far as: i could use that one character maybe. okay, so she would come into millways maybe and maybe just sit and not talk to anybody.

but i will run my fingers over the idea and find the parts that are smooth but porous and when I have found them, the character will have words, and I will ping you, if i think the words will last.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Alicorn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:03 pm

It's a standing offer, I don't expect to lose interest in this hobby any time soon :)
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:23 pm

I also was thinking a RP or more likely a Fanfic that revolves around the “second” batch of newborn vampires turned by the Golden Coven (The ones that reincarnated count, but they are a weird example, ofc). It could start with how the selection process is handled: how many newborns they want to handle at once? Do they want to start the next batch as soon as possible? Who gets selected and why? After turning what are the struggles and adjustments necessary to deal with the newborns? How long until they “graduate” newborn control school? How their inner dynamics turn out in the mean time?
It would be heavy on new characters.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Fri May 23, 2014 2:21 pm

I might be interested. I have put a little thought into what the main character from The Keys to the Kingdom (well-written children's series by Garth Nix) would look like after the end of the series. Could be a generic Milliways meeting, in the circle, or something else.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby DeAnno » Fri May 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Sandboxing idea: Addy from Golden gets a Milliways door, and wanders around in Milliways looking for useful and/or interesting magic while trying to avoid being noticed by anyone who might think that was unsafe.
DeAnno

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Adelene » Sat May 24, 2014 6:33 pm

The magical Chelsea of your choice gets into Milliways (I don't think she'd get a door herself, but she could get lucky and piggyback on somebody else's). Security ensues, though probably not immediately.
Utility Admin
Adelene

Pronouns: they

Postby jalapeno_dude » Sat May 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Cricket gets into Milliways. Security ensues. :p

(I suspect these prompts aren't helpful to you, because they don't specify who/what the Belltower!characters encounter, but might as well jump on the bandwagon...)
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Next

Return to Miscellanea